Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Instant TV Question

Regular Contributor

Instant TV Question

Yesterday I was tlaked into trying out the new Instant TV app,Xfinity Stream.We just wanted to use for local channels The 10 + channel package.Thinkingthis was just like we had used before with are 4 roku ,we were lead to beleive you could stream the app to all 4 Roku on the same account and use independently like before when we had the TV package.The advertisements for The Instant TV app(or The Stream app)clearly show 4 people using the app on various devices watching different shows.However we tried it and if more than 1 person is Streaming only 1 stream is allowed.You get a message that says "Youve exceeded your alloted streams.""So this is either a software issue or Comcast is misleading its Customers as to what this app can do.All I wanted was to have access to local Networks on all 4 TVs with Rokus .If it only works with 1 stream ,why bother,in my area I can put up an indoor HD antenna and get all Networks except ABC.I just didnt want antennas all over the house.Can someone at Comcast explain what this Instant TV  app really can do.

Cable Expert

Re: Instant TV Question

The limit is two devices at the same time. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

@andyat1217wrote:

Yesterday I was tlaked into trying out the new Instant TV app,Xfinity Stream.We just wanted to use for local channels The 10 + channel package.Thinkingthis was just like we had used before with are 4 roku ,we were lead to beleive you could stream the app to all 4 Roku on the same account and use independently like before when we had the TV package.The advertisements for The Instant TV app(or The Stream app)clearly show 4 people using the app on various devices watching different shows.However we tried it and if more than 1 person is Streaming only 1 stream is allowed.You get a message that says "Youve exceeded your alloted streams.""So this is either a software issue or Comcast is misleading its Customers as to what this app can do.All I wanted was to have access to local Networks on all 4 TVs with Rokus .If it only works with 1 stream ,why bother,in my area I can put up an indoor HD antenna and get all Networks except ABC.I just didnt want antennas all over the house.Can someone at Comcast explain what this Instant TV  app really can do.

According to the "XFINITY Instant TV Beta" thread:

"Can I watch XFINITY Instant TV Beta content on multiple devices at the same time?

Yes. You can watch on up to two devices simultaneously."

Source: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/XFINITY-Instant-TV-Beta/td-p/2975722
Regular Contributor

2 devices at same time,we were only running 1 other device and when I signed on to the second the message came on  weve exceeded alloted Streams..

I now see where it says only 2 streams ,but if youve have seen advertisement,TV commercial 4 or 5 people are using the app at their home,very misleading Comcast..Yeah I  finally found where it say only 2 streams,but it was way down in article.2 streams in my house just wont work,need the ability to add on streams for a reasonable charge.I would pay up to 5 dollars to have the ability.Commercial is still very misleading.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation