Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Incompatible cable box

Frequent Visitor

Incompatible cable box

I have a Cisco RNG200 DVR. I would like to use the Xfinity App on my iPhone and control the dvr from my  computer but I am told my DVR is not compatible. From the list of compatible cable boxes it looks like all the compatible boxes are Motorola. When can I expect my cable box to become compatible? I live in NH.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Incompatible cable box

there is no timeline for that.   Its not going to be anytime soon.  Trust me your not missing anything, I have it and here is what I find.  I know what shows I record and my dvr is set to record those.  I have never had an experience when I was away from the house and I found out something was on that I just needed to record.  you cannot delete recordings with it either.     So don't think your missing much by not having it.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the input. The local Comcast office told me in December that the my cable box would be compatible the first of this year. I guess that is not going to happen. It's interesting that I receive all the hype email about this and probably pay for it indirectly and yet only a limited number of cable boxes are compatible with the service.

Silver Problem Solver

Here is the story.  Your in a Cisco SA market which is less than 20% of comcasts market.  In order to get that functionality the infrastructure needs to be updated that is what is going to take the time. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation