Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Inability to view Hulu-provided content using XfinityTV site on PlayBook

New Poster

Inability to view Hulu-provided content using XfinityTV site on PlayBook

One thing that agitated me after I got my BlackBerry PlayBook was that after a few days of watching Hulu through the browser, Hulu decided to block it. 

When I later discovered XfinityTV and that it provided an alternate streaming option for me (which is a feature I really appreciate), I am unable to watch any content that is utilizing Hulu services on my PlayBook through the XfinityTV site, even if I'm signed in using my Comcast ID.  I realize Hulu's ridiculous policies aren't the fault of Comcast, but since I'm a paying customer of Comcast, it would be nice to access any available content on any device I want. 

One solution would be if the Hulu-provided content would skip "compatible" device checks when already validated by a Comcast ID. 

Another would be to offer the same content from other sources or your own streaming service.  Considering streaming content seems to be the future, I would suggest this avenue.  Relying on third-parties doesn't make sense anyway as I could eventually cut out Comcast altogether (for TV service, anyway).

I've already requested an XfinityTV app for PlayBook, with the assumption it would allow me to do everything (and possibly more) than the website currently provides on a Windows PC.  I'm fine using the web browser if developing an app for the PlayBook isn't feasible, but only if I get the content that I want and pay for.  I just want to be able to get that content on any device I want, as long as I'm authenticating to validate myself as a customer.

Thanks

Preston Scheuneman

Official Employee

Re: Inability to view Hulu-provided content using XfinityTV site on PlayBook

Preston_S wrote:

One thing that agitated me after I got my BlackBerry PlayBook was that after a few days of watching Hulu through the browser, Hulu decided to block it. 

When I later discovered XfinityTV and that it provided an alternate streaming option for me (which is a feature I really appreciate), I am unable to watch any content that is utilizing Hulu services on my PlayBook through the XfinityTV site, even if I'm signed in using my Comcast ID.  I realize Hulu's ridiculous policies aren't the fault of Comcast, but since I'm a paying customer of Comcast, it would be nice to access any available content on any device I want. 

One solution would be if the Hulu-provided content would skip "compatible" device checks when already validated by a Comcast ID. 

Another would be to offer the same content from other sources or your own streaming service.  Considering streaming content seems to be the future, I would suggest this avenue.  Relying on third-parties doesn't make sense anyway as I could eventually cut out Comcast altogether (for TV service, anyway).

I've already requested an XfinityTV app for PlayBook, with the assumption it would allow me to do everything (and possibly more) than the website currently provides on a Windows PC.  I'm fine using the web browser if developing an app for the PlayBook isn't feasible, but only if I get the content that I want and pay for.  I just want to be able to get that content on any device I want, as long as I'm authenticating to validate myself as a customer.

Thanks

Preston Scheuneman

Thank you for your feedback.

Our product team is constantly working on improving the site to make the best experience possible. They are also working on making Xfinity compatible on more devices. Thanks for your suggestions; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Inability to view Hulu-provided content using XfinityTV site on PlayBook

WHy I do not see option to login to comcast on HULU.COM?
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation