Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

In-home streaming

New Poster

In-home streaming

I upgraded to the new Xfinity modem/router this weekend and when I attempt to stream on either the app or Roku it says that I'm not on my home network.  3 calls to Comcast (which we're dropped multiple times) and 1 chat session later the problem still persists.  I'm still waiting on the call back in an hour that I was promised last night. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: In-home streaming

@sunn925wrote:

I upgraded to the new Xfinity modem/router this weekend and when I attempt to stream on either the app or Roku it says that I'm not on my home network.  3 calls to Comcast (which we're dropped multiple times) and 1 chat session later the problem still persists.  I'm still waiting on the call back in an hour that I was promised last night. 

Go here: https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

Verify the serial number listed for your cable modem matches the mac address listed on your cable modem. If it doesn't, call support and notify them.

Official Employee

Re: In-home streaming

Hi sunn925, it sounds like we need to reboot your network from our end. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get this taken care of. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation