Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

“In Home only” frustration

Regular Visitor

“In Home only” frustration

We subscribe to the xfinity bundle at home, believe it is xfinity one, with the understanding that we could watch shows on our computer, iPad, etc. a2ay from Home. However, when we are at our cabin, or away from home, we get the “in home only” message for many of the shows we want to watch. This is a major disappointment and may result in us changing to another provider. Please tell us if there is an option within xfinity to fix this problem, thanks.

Service Expert

Re: “In Home only” frustration

hedger wrote:

We subscribe to the xfinity bundle at home, believe it is xfinity one, with the understanding that we could watch shows on our computer, iPad, etc. a2ay from Home. However, when we are at our cabin, or away from home, we get the “in home only” message for many of the shows we want to watch. This is a major disappointment and may result in us changing to another provider. Please tell us if there is an option within xfinity to fix this problem, thanks.

hi, what you are describing is called 'digital rights management' (DRM) and is required of Comcast to enforce restrictions put on the program by the providers (producers and or networks). Set your filter on channel guide to 'available outside of home' (TVgo) and you will see all the channels available to you outside of the home. Same setting works for hundreds of on-demand programs. Note that if you also have a DVR in your home that you can watch the last 60 hours of finished recordings, too.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: “In Home only” frustration

Go to the bottom of the list and look for the 'tvgo' channels or use the filter for 'available out of home'

There are quite a few channels available to watch, most of what you can get at home.

Another option is to go to a specific website like "tcm.com" for instance, and you can stream your choice directly from your favorite channels using your sign in info from your xfinity account.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation