Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

If I swtich HDTV connections the live TV freezes

New Poster

If I swtich HDTV connections the live TV freezes

When using Win 8 PC and IE 11 to watch live TV on xfinity web site while connected via HDMI cable, things seem to work okay, UNLESS I unplug the HDMI cable, or hit the back button to see the TV schedule, or even just turn off the TV without touching the computer (along with other actions).  If this is done, then when the image is restored, it will be frozen.  No amount of waiting or reloading will bring the streaming back.  The only fix seems to be to log out, close the browser, and then log back in.

Ideas? Solutions?

Thanks.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: If I swtich HDTV connections the live TV freezes

HawkeyeChief wrote:

When using Win 8 PC and IE 11 to watch live TV on xfinity web site while connected via HDMI cable, things seem to work okay, UNLESS I unplug the HDMI cable, or hit the back button to see the TV schedule, or even just turn off the TV without touching the computer (along with other actions).  If this is done, then when the image is restored, it will be frozen.  No amount of waiting or reloading will bring the streaming back.  The only fix seems to be to log out, close the browser, and then log back in.

Ideas? Solutions?

Thanks.

This sounds like a hardware issue with your pc based on your comment "even just turn off the TV without touching the computer (along with other actions)". The web site has no knowledge that you turned off the tv.

New Poster

Re: If I swtich HDTV connections the live TV freezes

This sounds like a hardware issue with your pc based on your comment "even just turn off the TV without touching the computer (along with other actions)". The web site has no knowledge that you turned off the tv.

Ah yes, good insight.  Perhaps somewhere in the video driver or flash?  I do know that anything remotely flash-like sends my computer into a tailspin of cpu overwork.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation