New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

IMPORTANT UPDATE for our AnyPlay customers in Denver and Nashville

ANSWERED
Official Employee

IMPORTANT UPDATE for our AnyPlay customers in Denver and Nashville

The AnyPlay feature (live TV streaming) is currently unavailable for Apple iPad users.  Comcast is working to resolve the issue in the next few days with a fix available in the 1.10.3 version of the XFINITY TV App. This notice will be updated when the new app is available in the Apple iTunes App Store.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our AnyPlay customers.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Accepted Solution

Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE for our AnyPlay customers in Denver and Nashville

davidMbrewer wrote:

It's been sometime since Comcast has commented in here. Bad costumer service!!!

The new app is now available. Thanks for your patience.

If you use AnyPlay to watch live TV on your Apple iPad, you need to upgrade to XFINITY TV App version 1.10.3 now available in the Apple iTunes App Store.  This new app version restores the AnyPlay feature which is no longer available with earlier versions of the XFINITY TV app. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  Upgrading the XFINITY TV App is easy and is at no cost. AnyPlay customers with Android devices do not need to take any action. 

For more information about AnyPlay, visit http://www.xfinity.com/anyplay

View answer in context
Contributor

I am able to connect with anyplay device and when I go to view a live program a message says something like anyplay is currently unavailable please try back later.  I assume that this is the problem that comcast is working to resolve. 

Just an fyi.  I spent an over an hour with frustrated comcast employees who had no idea where to find answers on anyplay (asia, us and then national service center).  I finally, while on hold, found this message.   Is there a special anyplay number where folks will know how to troubleshoot if my problem is not app related?

I do realize that this is part of the learning curve and hope to see it moving forward.

John

Official Employee

JSBRENTWOODTN wrote:

I am able to connect with anyplay device and when I go to view a live program a message says something like anyplay is currently unavailable please try back later.  I assume that this is the problem that comcast is working to resolve. 

Just an fyi.  I spent an over an hour with frustrated comcast employees who had no idea where to find answers on anyplay (asia, us and then national service center).  I finally, while on hold, found this message.   Is there a special anyplay number where folks will know how to troubleshoot if my problem is not app related?

I do realize that this is part of the learning curve and hope to see it moving forward.

John

There is no specific AnyPlay support number but you can find more informarion on our webiste here:

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/AnyPlay/index.aspx

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I would also like to state for the record that customer support is not yet ready to help with Anyplay - I just spent 45 minutes on hold while the nice lady tried to figure out how to help me.  She had no clue the app is broken until the next revision, and I just got lucky to stumble across this thread.  Seems like we're at the whim of Apple's approval process now, but it might be a good idea to update all the tier 1 folks that are getting the phone calls as to the nature of the problem and the expected resolution.

New Poster

Has there been any progress made on the updated App? I don't understand why it's taking so long. I received a call everyday prior to the 15th saying to update my App or I wouldnt be able to use my anyplay. I update and now it won't work. Pretty frustrating. Tech support is no help because none of them even know what the heck I'm talking about. I have two friends that work for Comcast here in Denver and they don't even know anything about either. Comcast needs to do a better job rolling out a pilot program by training their people to be a support system and test your App before you update it so paying customers don't have to sacrifice their time. Just my thoughts.
New Poster

Official Employee

davidMbrewer wrote:

Apologies for this unusual issue. As an update, we submitted an updated app to Apple last week and we are waiting for their review and approval. We expect that the update should be available very soon. As soon as we get approval from Apple, I can post that information here. Apologies again for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

EPac wrote:
Has there been any progress made on the updated App? I don't understand why it's taking so long. I received a call everyday prior to the 15th saying to update my App or I wouldnt be able to use my anyplay. I update and now it won't work. Pretty frustrating. Tech support is no help because none of them even know what the heck I'm talking about. I have two friends that work for Comcast here in Denver and they don't even know anything about either. Comcast needs to do a better job rolling out a pilot program by training their people to be a support system and test your App before you update it so paying customers don't have to sacrifice their time. Just my thoughts.

Apologies for this unusual issue.

As an update, we submitted an updated app to Apple last week and we are waiting for their review and approval. We expect that the update should be available very soon. As soon as we get approval from Apple, I can post that information here. Apologies again for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

davidMbrewer wrote:

The new app is now available. Thanks for your patience.

If you use AnyPlay to watch live TV on your Apple iPad, you need to upgrade to XFINITY TV App version 1.10.3 now available in the Apple iTunes App Store.  This new app version restores the AnyPlay feature which is no longer available with earlier versions of the XFINITY TV app. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  Upgrading the XFINITY TV App is easy and is at no cost. AnyPlay customers with Android devices do not need to take any action. 

For more information about AnyPlay, visit http://www.xfinity.com/anyplay

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Glad to see the update.  

I am still having problems.  Perhaps not app related?

1. I have powercycled the motorola unit
  2. Uninstalled app competely, power cycled ipad, and then re-installed app.
  3. getting an anyplay is currently unavailable message when attempting to watch live tv.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Contributor

UPDATE

Got it working.  I used the reset button and then re-activated.  Not sure if it was this that worked or something on your end that caght hold. 

Happy to have it up and running

New Poster

Folks, please keep in mind that Comcast is subject to Apple's approval process just like anyone else; there's a lag time between app submission and app approval, which means that even if Comcast fixes a problem with the app 1 second after it breaks, they still have to wait for Apple to approve the app.  This isn't Comcast's fault.

This should serve as a reminder to thoroughly test apps before submitting.