Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

IF you can't control your tv from your pc

New Poster

IF you can't control your tv from your pc

Navigate to Xfinity tv and sign in like you are signing in to your email. At the top of the page, right corner is and option thatis outlined in blue which says ,profile.

Your email ID should be next to it if you have signed in. Click on it and follow the directions until it says you are finished. You should then be able to control your tV from your pC.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

that is indeed what you need to do.

Official Employee

rocky105 wrote:

Navigate to Xfinity tv and sign in like you are signing in to your email. At the top of the page, right corner is and option thatis outlined in blue which says ,profile.

Your email ID should be next to it if you have signed in. Click on it and follow the directions until it says you are finished. You should then be able to control your tV from your pC.

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, you do not have any compatible boxes in your household.

Go here to see a list of compatible boxes and then find your nearest Comcast Service Center and see if your area as any compatible boxes which you can swap out.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I'm not able to use this functionality either for some reason.  I have a Pace RNG110 cable box (as of about 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to HD), which I think is compatible and I've done the profile setup.  

But when I hit the "Control Your TV" button, I get an error message saying

"No compatible cable boxes were found in your household.

Learn more about what you need to make this application work in your home."

Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Official Employee

konvajw wrote:

I'm not able to use this functionality either for some reason.  I have a Pace RNG110 cable box (as of about 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to HD), which I think is compatible and I've done the profile setup.  

But when I hit the "Control Your TV" button, I get an error message saying

"No compatible cable boxes were found in your household.

Learn more about what you need to make this application work in your home."

Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

I am sorry but the Pace RNG110 is not compatible.

The Pace RNG150 and RNG200 are compatible in select trail markets.

Find your nearest Comcast Service Center and see if they have any compatible boxes that will let you swap out.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help.  The RNG100 is listed on the "Learn More" link I included as a compatible device, but maybe that is for something else. (Like the Xfinity iPad app?)

Frequent Visitor

I'm all set now and controlling the tv from my pc is working now with RNG110 cable box.  There were some account setup issues that they fixed.  Cool feature!

New Poster

Both my boxes are listed on the "Manage cable boxes and DVR" page. I have an RNG110 and RNG200N(a DVR box which i believe is actually the DCX 3501).  The "show name on tv" works for each box - so I have come control from the computer for each box. The "Manage cable boxes and DVR" page indicates that "TV control" is on for both boxes. But, when I try to change the channel from my PC, I can only change the channel fro the RNG110. There's no option to change the channel for the other box (the RNG200N - DCD 3501). Is there something I need to do to enable computer control over this other box?

New Poster

Never mind - just figured it out. There's a black bar at the bottom of the web page that shows which box you're controlling. Cool feature.

Frequent Visitor

I've been playing with this too - it shows TV Control ON - but nothing happens.  Try to display name - nothing happens - try to change channel - nothing happens.  I can see my scheduled recordings online - so I assume that I'm 'connected' to my box -but whe I try to schedule something... nothing happens. And the web user interface leaves lots to be desired. Overall a frustrating experience.

Official Employee

MartyXrayOne wrote:

I've been playing with this too - it shows TV Control ON - but nothing happens.  Try to display name - nothing happens - try to change channel - nothing happens.  I can see my scheduled recordings online - so I assume that I'm 'connected' to my box -but whe I try to schedule something... nothing happens. And the web user interface leaves lots to be desired. Overall a frustrating experience.

When you try to set a recording or change the channel through your PC does any type of message pop-up?

Is the correct box selected as your default box? Go here to check it out: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

It gives me a general error message, that the request cannot be completed at this time and to try again in a few minutes (45 minutes ago).  I click "Show name on TV", and nothing appears on the TV.

It also urges me to contact Comcast through the 1-800 number, but I have already unplugged/plugged everything back in so I don't think the 1-800 number would be worth the trouble.

Frequent Visitor

So, I have an explorer 3250 HD and I keep getting the "no compatible boxes" error when I try to watch xfinity on demand titles. When I click on the "learn more" link it tries to get me to download a PHONE app. Why do I need to put something on my phone to watch On Demand titles on my PC? I do not want to do this. When I clicked on your link to find a list of compatuble boxes I get the same link to the phone app download. Is there no other choice anymore? I used to be able to watch On Demand on my computer, but not anymore.

New Poster

I just tried to complete my profile but I keep getting stuck on the tv control screen. All I get is a blank screen. I'm not able to change channels from my iPad. I thought my cable box was compatible -I have a Pace RNG110 cable box.
New Poster

Message at the bottom of what black page that shows which tv being controlled?

How do I select my default tv for control?  I have 3 and two of them are "off"

When I hit "show name on tv", that works ok but cannot change channels.

gruhs2001@yahoo.com