Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ID Discovery

Regular Visitor

ID Discovery

I have Xfinity internet only. When I installed my Roku, the ID Discovery channel is shown and I downloaded the app. When I tried to activate it I got a pop up that said Xfinity is not a isp for this channel. What.? As huge a company as Xfinity doesn’t carry this channel? I can get HBO but not ID Discovery? When I called COMCAST they told me I could upgrade my service which would increase my bill from $65 a month to $104. That is totally ridiculous. Does anyone know whose decision it was to not carry it? Xfinity or Roku.? Who can I call about this? Anyone know.?

New Poster

Re: ID Discovery

Internet only does not allow viewing of tv channels. If you want access to channel apps, you must also have a valid tv subscription.
New Poster

Re: ID Discovery

Yes, you have to subscribe to the channels in order to pick up the app. I have tried to add the VH1 app to my Roku, but Comcast/Xfinity is not on the list of providers either. I have heard, but have not tested it yet, that Lifetime and several other apps cannot be added because of the same problem. And I do subscribe to all of these all of these channels.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation