Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I need a "subscription" to watch live TV online?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

I need a "subscription" to watch live TV online?

I recently signed up with Comcast. My service won't be installed and activated for another 4 days, but I was told I could still watch live TV online using XfinityWifi. However, whenever I try to watch live TV online, all of the channels (which are included in my Triple Play package) say I need a subscription to watch. Do I need some kind of separate subscription(s) to watch live TV online or is this an error on Comcast's end?

Accepted Solution

FOUND ANSWER!!!

I finally got through to a representative. Turns out that WILL NOT be watchable online until you receive and activate your boxes. Until then, you cannot watch online.

Sorry,

-S

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: I need a "subscription" to watch live TV online?

I am having the same problems and sadly soooo many others and I haven't even activated a box yet. VERY unsettling!! Anyone have answers???

New Poster

FOUND ANSWER!!!

I finally got through to a representative. Turns out that WILL NOT be watchable online until you receive and activate your boxes. Until then, you cannot watch online.

Sorry,

-S

New Poster

Re: I need a "subscription" to watch live TV online?

i agree that this is ridiculous. i can acces HBO Go without issue, even before the X1 box is being installed in a few days, but i cannot access regular network shows? that makes no sense.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation