Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I got new his and hers galaxy s3 traded in old

New Poster

I got new his and hers galaxy s3 traded in old

Hello. So the blonde in my life wanted new galaxy s 3 spendy gal...love the phones...love my blondee really loved mobile tv app I could download movies. Etc. I registered her phone. Mine and daughters. THEN BOUGHT NEW PHONES...TRADED IN OLD PHONES. DIDNT TURN IN OLD BLONDE FOR NEW ONE. BUT SOMETIMES WISH I COULD BECAUSE MY MOBILE XFINITY WONT WORK WITHOUT UNREGISTERING VIA THE OLD DEGICES FIRST. BUT THEY R LONY GONE. HELP. HOW DO I ...register new phones WITHOUT UNREGISTERING OLD ONES FIRST...when I no longer have access or possesion of.  (P.s called three different customer sergice and tech support numbers already...all say must do it online then BUT THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW THEMSELVES AND SA..LAST GUY SAID HE COULDNT ACCESS INFO AT ALL TO HELP. HELLLLLP!

New Poster

Re: I got new his and hers galaxy s3 traded in old

You're not alone!  I brought in an iPad for service and left the store with a new one.  Had everything backed up, including xfinity player.  Now the app doesn't recognize the new unit, even with the same name as the old one. 

I'll watch here to see if anyone responds to us!

New Poster

Re: I got new his and hers galaxy s3 traded in old

I just spent some time with their on line chat and got an email response.  here is the email response:

Dear

Thank you for choosing Comcast, home of XFINITY. My name is Ray Justin C and I value the time you spent to contact us today. I will do my best to assist you with your concern.

I’m responding to your email inquiry about de-authorizing the device that can manage the downloads.

Here are the steps to de-authorize a device.

Manage Download Devices:

Once an account has reached the 3 device limit, the user must remove an authorized device before adding another.

1. From Manage Download Device setting, customers can de-authorize the device that they are using.

2. For full management of all devices, visit https://device.comcast.net/devices. This link is not directly accessible through the app for security reasons.

I'm also providing the following links for quick and easy access to common troubleshooting steps and answers to the most frequently asked questions for the XFINITY® TV App:

Instructions for using the XFINITY® TV Application on mobile Apple and Android devices

Demo Video of the XFINITY® TV App

Set up the XFINITY® TV App

XFINITY® TV App Features

As part of our Comcast Customer Guarantee, you can always contact us at your convenience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489) or chatting with us online.

Thank you for choosing Comcast.

Sincerely,

Ray Justin C

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation