Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,808,563

members

60

online now

1,954,440

discussions

Top

I get message that I need an upgraded Xfinity player

New Poster

I get message that I need an upgraded Xfinity player

Hi

 

I am having a problem playing some videos on my PC.  I get a message that I need to get an upgraded video player but have no idea how to accompish this.  Can you help?

 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 25419 My Cable Provider: Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.114.134.94 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript&colon; enabled<noscript> Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Aug 31 13:01:51 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Fri Aug 31 13:01:51 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, ca, ai, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, i, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber:
Official Employee

Re: I get message that I need an upgraded Xfinity player


brawil wrote:

Hi

 

I am having a problem playing some videos on my PC.  I get a message that I need to get an upgraded video player but have no idea how to accompish this.  Can you help?

 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 25419 My Cable Provider: Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.114.134.94 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript&colon; enabled<noscript> Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Aug 31 13:01:51 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Fri Aug 31 13:01:51 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, ca, ai, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, i, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber:

You have an older version of Silverlight installed. Please completely remove Silverlight fro your computer and then download and install it from the link below:

 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: I get message that I need an upgraded Xfinity player

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

  • Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista: IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7: IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+: IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

I still get the above mesasage

 

Official Employee

Re: I get message that I need an upgraded Xfinity player


brawil wrote:
Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

  • Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista: IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7: IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+: IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

I still get the above mesasage

 


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

 

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: I get message that I need an upgraded Xfinity player

How do I update my xFinity Player? 
My Device Information My Zip Code: 48328 My Cable Provider: Comcast Pontiac Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 107.4.77.247 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; MALN; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Sep 12 17:03:13 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: NaN
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bk, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

Re: I get message that I need an upgraded Xfinity player


JCinMI wrote:
How do I update my xFinity Player? 
My Device Information My Zip Code: 48328 My Cable Provider: Comcast Pontiac Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 107.4.77.247 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; MALN; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Sep 12 17:03:13 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: NaN
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bk, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the link below:

 

Windows users 

 

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1006 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation