Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I finally got xfinity tv to work on Firefox but

Problem Solver

I finally got xfinity tv to work on Firefox but

I ran it on private window it won't work on my regular window that saves all my stuff.

So my question is what is causing xfinity tv not to work on regular window on Fire fox it works on chrome and Edge but only works in private window on fire fox

once I figure that out then maybe I can see xfinity tv.

I also noticed that it tells me to download flash player but I already have the lastest when I disable the shockwave player on my plugs in page on fire fox.

Official Employee

Re: I finally got xfinity tv to work on Firefox but

Pharrell wrote:

I ran it on private window it won't work on my regular window that saves all my stuff.

So my question is what is causing xfinity tv not to work on regular window on Fire fox it works on chrome and Edge but only works in private window on fire fox

once I figure that out then maybe I can see xfinity tv.

I also noticed that it tells me to download flash player but I already have the lastest when I disable the shockwave player on my plugs in page on fire fox.

Sorry you're having trouble. Please try clearing your browser cache in Firefox. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

Thanks dan.

I cleared my cache and it still didn't work. but the good thing is I finally got it to work. It's no big deal I'm just happy it works now.

Official Employee

Pharrell wrote:

Thanks dan.

I cleared my cache and it still didn't work. but the good thing is I finally got it to work. It's no big deal I'm just happy it works now.

I'm glad you're up and running!  Can you share what finally resolved it for your if it wasn't clearing your cache?

Thanks,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

all I do is go to a private window it's a work around but I"ll keep checking if it works on the regular window on firefox

something happned when the portal changed in septemeber I have hope comcast will figure it out.

Regular Contributor

Firefox does not do streaming well.  About the only site it will work at is YouTube.  The private window trick will only work for a while then it will suddenly stop working.  

New Poster

I have a similar problem.  I have Chrome and after over a month wait it finally completes and gives me the live guide.  However, after I choose a program to watch the screen freezes and all I hear is the audio.  I have contacted Comcast several times since Sept 26 and all they tell me is that they are aware of the problem, but no date as to when it will be repaired.

Regular Contributor

The system is a total freeze frame and is totaly unwatchable.  I am thinking of getting rid of the TV part of our subscription entirely.  

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation