Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I cannot watch anything!

New Poster

I cannot watch anything!

For the past week I have been unable to watch anything. If i click on a tv show or movie to watch the video buffers endlessly. if i go to the movie info page it doesnt give me the option to hit the "play" button. this is extremely frustrated and i would like to use what i pay for!

Regular Contributor

Re: I cannot watch anything!

It's really hard to diagnose the problem with the information you've provided, can you give some more details:

What operating system and web browser are you using?

Try going directly to the networks own website and try and watch from there i.e. any CBS show NCIS, Elementary, Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, the Mentalist etc go right to the CBS website and try and watch from there. When you do this, do you still have the same issues?

What version of Flash are you using? If you don't know, follow this link: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ if you don't have the most recent version then update and try again.

How is your computer attached, wired / Ethernet or Wireless? What equipment are you using i.e. I have a Motorolla modem and a Linksys E3200 router? If you are attached by wireless then try and attach by wire. If you have a modem and router, try bypassing the router and go stright to the modem.

- Norm

New Poster

Hi Norm. I am running on Windows 7. I am using google chrome. when I go to the directly to the networks own website the videos run perfectly fine. I have the most up to date version of adobe. I updated it a week ago hoping it was the issue but it was not. I have wireless wifi as i am using a laptop. the other router information im not to sure about I know its at&t. 

Regular Contributor

Hi Valerie:

Hmmm.... the fact that you can watch from the networks own site sort of rules out any problem with your connection or equipment. I know you said you "have the most up to date version of adobe" which I take to mean Flash. While I don't use Chrome myself (I prefer FireFox) I do know that Chrome uses a "baked" in version of flash and it can only be updated by means of a program update from Google. Can you just confirm using this link (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/) that the version of Chrome you are using has the latest version of Flash 13.0.0.182?

I gather that streaming from the Xfinity website did at one time work? I know it's a cliche but in some cases clearing the browsers cache and cookies has been known to fix strange problems. For Chrome you can find the instructions here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582

Is there any chance you can try and connect to an Xfinity wireless hotspot or another wireless network to test if you have the same problem connected to someplace other than your home?

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation