Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I can't watch anything online- Constantly loading!

ANSWERED
New Poster

I can't watch anything online- Constantly loading!

For the last 3 days I cannot not stream anything on Xfinity! I click on recordings, live TV, on demand episodes and I get the loading dots to no avail. This is really frustrating! Anyone else have this issue? I have a PC laptop and I use firefox.

What I have already tried:

Unplugging the router, disconnecting from WiFi, updating my laptop, restarting my laptop, signing out from comcast

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't watch anything online- Constantly loading!

So, after using the Chat Line did not help and getting to the point where they ask you to unplug the modem (apparently that tends to screw up everything) my brother advised me to double check all plugins. So I bailed on the Chat and did not unplug the modem.

How I fixed it: Went to adobe flash player and downloaded it eventhough nothing was new. Then restarted my laptop and went into my browser. A message box appeared at the top left and said because of changes I needed to enable something. I click the enable (restart) that closed the browser and then reopened it.

Then I went to the 3 bars or at the top right corner of tool bar and selected add-ons (Windows 10) or try finding it in Tools- options. Then went to plug-ins and selected the "always activate" for Shockwave Flash. Went back to Xfinity and signed in and then it started working.

View answer in context
New Poster

So, after using the Chat Line did not help and getting to the point where they ask you to unplug the modem (apparently that tends to screw up everything) my brother advised me to double check all plugins. So I bailed on the Chat and did not unplug the modem.

How I fixed it: Went to adobe flash player and downloaded it eventhough nothing was new. Then restarted my laptop and went into my browser. A message box appeared at the top left and said because of changes I needed to enable something. I click the enable (restart) that closed the browser and then reopened it.

Then I went to the 3 bars or at the top right corner of tool bar and selected add-ons (Windows 10) or try finding it in Tools- options. Then went to plug-ins and selected the "always activate" for Shockwave Flash. Went back to Xfinity and signed in and then it started working.

Contributor

Thank you for your description on how to solve this problem. I was also unable to watch TV on my computer for the past few days but by following your directions I can now watch my favorite programs again.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation