Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Hulu + ads on all shows?

Contributor

Hulu + ads on all shows?

Why are almost all shows/channels now run by Hulu? Further, why is there now advertising during shows?

I used to have to deal with Hulu on older shows but now it is on all shows. Shows from NBC, ABC, CBS...

What has changed? Why shouldn't I just subscribe to Hulu? 

Tags (2)
Problem Solver

Re: Hulu + ads on all shows?

Katherine1964 wrote:

Why are almost all shows/channels now run by Hulu? Further, why is there now advertising during shows?

I used to have to deal with Hulu on older shows but now it is on all shows. Shows from NBC, ABC, CBS...

What has changed? Why shouldn't I just subscribe to Hulu? 

yep, everything you watch on Xfinity will probably have ads.

mostly due to the content providers adding them if i understand rite,

and Hulu because the content providers selecting Hulu to host and stream the video, even though your watching it at Comcast website.

if you want ad-free, or close to that, check into the pay services, Hulu+, Netflix, iTunes, Google Play. etc.

*(anything that's available via cableTv box's on-demand doesn't use internet bandwidth, if that matters.)

New Poster

Re: Hulu + ads on all shows?

This is a paid service, quite frankly one of the most expensive possible.

There are more commercials than show generally, not to mention.

- endless commerical loops lasting what appears to be forever

- commercials interrupting other commercials

- commercials during random points not intended for commercials

- broken buffering forcing a refresh, indirectly causing.. yes, more commercials

It's hard to accept comcast as a legimate business with all these commercials and how poorly they are done. It won't be long before comcast resorts to wallpapering thier entire homepage with google adsense at this rate.

The four episodes not available on Hulu that forced me here are so very eye opening to Comcast; that for the very first time I am considering a different provider. Any company so intent on forcing commercials in such volume can't have my best interests in mind. How much more money can they get out of me is their only thought. Capitalistic yes, good business.. no I don't think so

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation