Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Hulu Adds on my Xfinity TV and logged into my account.

Regular Visitor

Hulu Adds on my Xfinity TV and logged into my account.

Why as a Xfinity customer, do I have to suffer through adds in movies from Hulu when logged into Xfinity TV? I pay hansomly for my Xfinity services and I'm confussed as to why so many movies are crippeled by Hulu advertisments.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Hulu Adds on my Xfinity TV and logged into my account.

Ads are a part of what brings in the revenue.

Regular Visitor

I understand what they are in place for. I'm asking why if the service verifies my subscription and that we pay over one hundred and seventy dollars each month that the paid customers see this.

I can understand if Xfinity wants to try and get some income from non-subscribers to keep a website active but we as subscribers are already paying. 

New Poster

I have asked the same question numerous times.  We pay dearly to Comcast.  We should not have to suffer through the Hulu ads.  I hate Hulu just for that reason!  And Hulu does not offer a service of ad free.

It seems that every movie I want to watch on Comcast's website brings me straight to Hulu!  Whenever I click on a movie that brings me straight to Hulu, I won't watch it and will try to find something else.  But most of the movies I want go to Hulu. 

If I wanted to watch a show through Hulu, I'd go to Hulu myself to watch it!

Regular Visitor

I agree as well, if it takes me to Hulu, i bail on that window and move on till i find a flick without them included. 

The inclusion of Hulu on the service makes others want to not use it, seems self defeating at the end of the day but that's their choice and it's my choice not to watch Hulu.

Thanks for the input, seems it's an unspoken Taboo here, LOL.

Frequent Visitor

I watched 2 episodes of the new t.v. ABC Monday night series "THE WHISPERS" and after the 3rd one started, Hulu pops up and says that the rest of the video is available to HULU customers only?  WTH????? I pay nearly $200 monthly for comcast and xfinity and now I have to pay HULU also?  BTW...this is only happening on my internet, not my t.v.   I don't get it!  I signed into chrome and tried to get an app and for a minute I was able to get the program without HULU all over the screen, then when I signed out and came back, HULU was back and I can't get it gone.  Not one of about 5 agents can answer my question and they know nothing.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation