Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to remove a device from TV Go - Even Comcast Tech Support didn't know

Regular Visitor

How to remove a device from TV Go - Even Comcast Tech Support didn't know

I had reached the limit of 3 mobile devices on TV Go, and one of the devices was no longer in my possession, so I had to remove it via Comcast.net.  After logging in and going to device.comcast.net/devices nothing showed up to enable me to remove a device.  Everything I searched and reach said there should be some way to do it.  

So I called Comcast Tech Support.  What folly.  After 20 minutes on the phone, the first tech gave up and said there would be a call back from a "higher level".  There was a call back from a woman in the Philippiines who only knew about email, so after 15 minutes of being on hold and trying to convince her that I had not called about email, she shifted me to another person who was just as lost.  Another 20 minutes wasted.

I finallly found the simple answer in one of the forums:   I had to log in under the principle users account which in my case was my wife's login.  Once I logged in under her account, the little boxes labeled "Remove" showed up and hopefully worked.  

So over an hour and a half of wasted time because no one thought to ask me if I was logged in under the correct account.  Nor is that information available in the Comcast instructions.  

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation