Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to get compatible cable box

New Poster

How to get compatible cable box

First, my cable box is not compatible with the app, but how can I find out if it's possible to swtich out the box with one that is compatible?

Second, trying to find out the above info by calling into comcast is horrible.  No one knows anything or even what dept I should be transferred to.  I shouldn't have to post to this forum or twitter to get this info. 

Thanks!

Cable Expert

Re: How to get compatible cable box

These features right now are only on Comcast systems with Motorola equipment.  The area's with Scientific Atlanta / Cisco equipment will be getting it in 2012 in many area's if testing goes well.

You can't swap out what you have for a compatible box right now if you have Scientific Atlanta or Cisco equipment.  The two brands of equipment are not interchangeable.

These features are coming eventually

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Dull..I want to control my tv with my iphone Any ideas when motorola will be available to the Memphis TN market?

Silver Problem Solver

its not motorola being available, SA Cisco boxes dont work in motorola markets and vice versa.  The functionality that is needed for that app to work in your market should be coming next year.  Comcast is just now rolling out a patch to fix the issues with those boxes, your market needs another one or two guide updates to be able to use that app.

The app only gives you the functionality to schedule a show on your dvr and change channels,  I don't know who would sit there with their phone on a little screen to change channels when the remote is right there. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation