Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to I resolve a 414 error message, "URI too long for this server" when trying to open xfinity TV?

Frequent Visitor

How to I resolve a 414 error message, "URI too long for this server" when trying to open xfinity TV?

I have opened XfinityTV several times to watch recorded programs on our DVR, on my computer, without any difficulty. This is the first time I have received this error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem Solver

Re: How to I resolve a 414 error message, "URI too long for this server" when trying to open xfinity TV?

Comcast change the URL to get to the XTV portal.  It is now https://tv.xfinity.com.  I had the same issue as you with the "Request-URI Too Large" message, most likely from using a bookmark to get to the XTV portal.  I fixed mine by clearing my browser cache, then changing my bookmark to the new URL.

New Poster

Re: How to I resolve a 414 error message, "URI too long for this server" when trying to open xfinity TV?

I have the same issue. However, when I go to the new link posted above, it gets stuck on 'Adding device...' after login. Comcast TV is currently broken. Why are there issues with Comcast Xfinity TV all the time? And why are Comcast employees not aware of Xfinity TV's existence? I call Comcast support and they have no idea what Xfinity TV is. They think I'm making it up. This is beyond frusterating!

Problem Solver

Did you clear your cache before attempting the new link? Possibly also try to clear your cookies. What browser did you try? Did you try a different browser?

I get your frustration when calling into Comcast and they have no clue what you are talking about when you mention Xfinity TV.

Mattg82 wrote:

I have the same issue. However, when I go to the new link posted above, it gets stuck on 'Adding device...' after login. Comcast TV is currently broken. Why are there issues with Comcast Xfinity TV all the time? And why are Comcast employees not aware of Xfinity TV's existence? I call Comcast support and they have no idea what Xfinity TV is. They think I'm making it up. This is beyond frusterating!

New Poster

I did what you said and got a little farther in but then it said I had to update to adobe flash 15.0 which I did and it still didn't work still tells me to update to 15.0 version.

Problem Solver

What browser are you using, and what OS? Flash 15.0 seems rather old to me.

tmolloy16 wrote:

I did what you said and got a little farther in but then it said I had to update to adobe flash 15.0 which I did and it still didn't work still tells me to update to 15.0 version.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation