Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How or can I get to my DVR manager with new X1 tv guide?

Contributor

How or can I get to my DVR manager with new X1 tv guide?

Hi Everyone, I have my five Legacy (motorola dcx-3400) DVR's but over a month ago Xfinity changed my TV guide to the one used by X1 box oweners, it has a blackish/gray background. I of course called CC five times now, and they keep saying my ticket is open and they are working on it. I did get them to give me free HBO for three months, but I need the guide back to program my DVR's from my PC. I am hanpicapped and can't get around to all the rooms to see what programs are scheduled to record, again most important to program my DVR's from my PC. My iPads are doing the same as the laptop PC.

I am going to call again and demand $10-$20 off my bill until this is resolved.

I am sure I'm not the only one with this problem. Any tips would be greatly welcome.

Untitled.png

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How or can I get to my DVR manager with new X1 tv guide?

gary777 wrote:

Hi Everyone, I have my five Legacy (motorola dcx-3400) DVR's but over a month ago Xfinity changed my TV guide to the one used by X1 box oweners, it has a blackish/gray background. I of course called CC five times now, and they keep saying my ticket is open and they are working on it. I did get them to give me free HBO for three months, but I need the guide back to program my DVR's from my PC. I am hanpicapped and can't get around to all the rooms to see what programs are scheduled to record, again most important to program my DVR's from my PC. My iPads are doing the same as the laptop PC.

I am going to call again and demand $10-$20 off my bill until this is resolved.

I am sure I'm not the only one with this problem. Any tips would be greatly welcome.

The new web site requires x1 and cloud storage enable on your account In order to program your dvr with the new guide. The xfinity tv remote app will still work with non x1 dvrs and you can use an android emulator to run the app on your pc.

Read more here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Get-your-PC-to-control-your-cable-box-again/td-p/281...

Contributor

Thanks, I found icloud storage on my PC Windows-7 but how do I get the xfinity app over to the list of icloud storage? Once I do that, I willl still need the emulator?

Bronze Problem Solver

gary777 wrote:

Thanks, I found icloud storage on my PC Windows-7 but how do I get the xfinity app over to the list of icloud storage? Once I do that, I willl still need the emulator?

Sorry, you misunderstood what I wrote, to use the new site to manage your dvr you MUST have X1 service. Along with X1 service you also MUST have comcast cloud storage, not icloud or anything else you find on your pc or elsewhere

If you don't have X! service, the xfinity tv remote app will still work with non x1 dvrs and you can use an android emulator to run the app on your pc.

Read more here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Get-your-PC-to-control-your-cable-box-again/td-p/281...

Contributor

Thank you, for clearing that up. I have been beating my head againgt the wall. No X1 gear except the X1 Guide here, all 5 DVR's are Legacy. I am wondering if they are actually working on this problem, it's tough being handicapped and having to get from room to room, instead of being able to do everything from my PC. What are you're thoughts on XF/CC writing new software to fix this problem.

Regards Gary

Bronze Problem Solver

gary777 wrote:

Thank you, for clearing that up. I have been beating my head againgt the wall. No X1 gear except the X1 Guide here, all 5 DVR's are Legacy. I am wondering if they are actually working on this problem, it's tough being handicapped and having to get from room to room, instead of being able to do everything from my PC. What are you're thoughts on XF/CC writing new software to fix this problem.

Regards Gary

As I wrote, you can use the xfinity tv remote app either on a device or on your pc with an android emulator. This app will allow you to controll your dvr, change the channel on your cable box, and watch recordings or on demand through your cable box.

Contributor

OK, will look into getting comcast cloud storage and try the emulator. I have used one of thier emulators before & worked out pretty good.

Thanks again....

Bronze Problem Solver

gary777 wrote:

OK, will look into getting comcast cloud storage and try the emulator. I have used one of thier emulators before & worked out pretty good.

Thanks again....

Sorry misunderstood again, you don't need cloud storage with non-X1, all you need is the xfinity tv remote app.

If you use the xfinity tv remote app you will be able to manage your dvr, change channels, play recordings and on demand programs on your tv.

Contributor

I am using the xfinity app, I think.   and can not access my DVR's

Untitled.png

Bronze Problem Solver

You wrote that your don't have X! service therefore you have to use the Xfinity Remote app not the Xfinity TV app

Contributor

Let me put it this way, my shortcut to get to my comcast tv guide, DVR manager, series prority is http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings. It no longer takes me there.

When I go there it for the last month it brings up the guide in the photo above, which I was told is the new url for X1. I do not have X1 boxes, I have 5 Legacy Motorola DCX3400's. The page in the photo shown does not let me access my any of the things it used to. I am handicapped and having a very hard time getting to each DVR.

Bronze Problem Solver

gary777 wrote:

Let me put it this way, my shortcut to get to my comcast tv guide, DVR manager, series prority is http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings. It no longer takes me there.

When I go there it for the last month it brings up the guide in the photo above, which I was told is the new url for X1. I do not have X1 boxes, I have 5 Legacy Motorola DCX3400's. The page in the photo shown does not let me access my any of the things it used to. I am handicapped and having a very hard time getting to each DVR.

Since you have non-X1 service the new website will no longer allow you to manage your dvr. What you show in the picture is the new website.

You're only option now is to use the Xfinity TV Remote app to manage your dvr.

You can use this app on a pc with an android emulator or on a android device

Again, you can not manage your dvr with the new website.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation