Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do you watch anything on an infinity tv app on iPad?

Contributor

How do you watch anything on an infinity tv app on iPad?

OK, so I downloaded the xfinity tv app on my iPad 2, logged in with my email and password and then what? It looks like a tv guide. How do you watch anything on it?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: How do you watch anything on an infinity tv app on iPad?

on the bottom of the screen you should see buttons that say on demand, play now, settings.  If you press on demand you can watch on demand shows.  You can only watch those type's of shows not live tv.

Contributor

OK then, how is it different than iTunes (except that movie selection on iTunes is 10 times better)?

Other than that it looks like a TV guide app...
Silver Problem Solver

well on itunes you need to pay for the shows you want to watch, if you are a comcast subscriber you don't its all free. If you are in a motorola market when you bring up the guide and press the show you get the option to record that show so if you were away from home you could remotely do that.  You can also watch on demand shows for free, as long as you subscribe to that channel.  You can also see all future recordings set on your dvr's.  

What exactly are you trying to do with it?

Contributor

I was trying to watch regular channels on it, not the on demand stuff. Why are those not available?
Silver Problem Solver

you cannot at this time watch live tv from comcast on any mobile device.  That functionality is just starting to hit the market with Fios and cablevision.  Currently on xfinity tv app you can watch on demand shows, some are just regular network shows from Abc, cbs, fox etc.  

Contributor

Yeah, I learned it by now. Thanks. Too bad, I can't use that app now.... Will have to wait until they add that functionality. Do you have any guess when that might happen?
Silver Problem Solver

no clue, but they are suppose to be rolling out new boxes and guides next year. the competition has it so they now need to catch up.

Contributor

I hope, because it's ridiculous not to be able to watch the channels you already pay for. I'd love to watch them on my iPad.
New Poster

I'm trying to set up the iPad using the Xfinity app to watch live TV too and this forum is where I learned you can't do it! This is WHY I bought an iPad, all the accessories, bought wifi equipment & spent a week trying to set it up --- all so an infirm person could watch & hear shows up close with the iPad propped up in front of him.

Go to the TV listings, point to your favorite daytime live TV show and press Play? The button needs to be relabeled to DON'T Play!

I feel like a fool believing people were watching TV on their iPads. Hype. Everything you aim to do is backed by worthless hype. I want 30% of my cable bill refunded to offset the "stream" of misleading ads, promotions & software plus the inaccurate "support" and general failure to deliver.
Contributor

Hey, YangYin, I am totally with you. This Xfinity app is mostly worthless. Again you can get 10 times more paid shows using iTunes, for the same price. If you need some free content to watch on your iPad, well besides the YouTube app, you can also use CNN app that plays news and their live feed for free, also FoxNews app that does the same thing. I also use PBS app that plays their shows for free. You might also check the BBC News app as well. Then there's The Onion app that has their funny videos. You may also check the Netflix app that lets you watch some older TV shows and old movies for something like $9 a month. I also like Flipboard and Zite apps that make a nice collection of RSS feeds for you to read. I actually enjoy those more than any with the video playbakc. So there's stuff to do on your iPad, it's just that the cable companies need to learn their lesson and pull their heads out of the sand if they want to stay in business....
Official Employee

YangYin wrote:
I'm trying to set up the iPad using the Xfinity app to watch live TV too and this forum is where I learned you can't do it! This is WHY I bought an iPad, all the accessories, bought wifi equipment & spent a week trying to set it up --- all so an infirm person could watch & hear shows up close with the iPad propped up in front of him.

Go to the TV listings, point to your favorite daytime live TV show and press Play? The button needs to be relabeled to DON'T Play!

I feel like a fool believing people were watching TV on their iPads. Hype. Everything you aim to do is backed by worthless hype. I want 30% of my cable bill refunded to offset the "stream" of misleading ads, promotions & software plus the inaccurate "support" and general failure to deliver.

I am sorry, you currently cannot watch TV live on your iPad but you can still watch shows on your it.

Click the Play Now tab at the bottom of the app and you will see all the videos we have available to watch online. Many of the daytime shows are added the next morning.

Your idea of having live TV will be considered for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Okay, I keep reading where all of you say that you can watch pre-recorded shows on your Ipad.  I can not maybe I am doing something completely wrong but my "app" for my IPAD keeps telling me I only have one device available to set up on my IPAD and thats my TV.  It keeps telling me to turn on my TV to watch the shows/movies I am trying to watch.  There are no options to set up my IPAD as a usable device to watch anything from the Infinity app.  I do not need InfinityTV app to watch my movie channels because all of the movie channels have their own app that works perfectly fine for me to watch movies and tv shows from the premium channels.  I need help with regular cable network channels that I would like to watch older episodes of shows I missed.

Official Employee

DMH8CC wrote:

Okay, I keep reading where all of you say that you can watch pre-recorded shows on your Ipad.  I can not maybe I am doing something completely wrong but my "app" for my IPAD keeps telling me I only have one device available to set up on my IPAD and thats my TV.  It keeps telling me to turn on my TV to watch the shows/movies I am trying to watch.  There are no options to set up my IPAD as a usable device to watch anything from the Infinity app.  I do not need InfinityTV app to watch my movie channels because all of the movie channels have their own app that works perfectly fine for me to watch movies and tv shows from the premium channels.  I need help with regular cable network channels that I would like to watch older episodes of shows I missed.

You cannot watch shows that you recorded on your DVR on your iPad but you can watch On Demand shows on your iPad.

Click the Play Now tab at the bottom of the app screen and you will be able to browse what is available to watch on the app.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation