Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I turn OFF all the channel filters and get the full channel listing back?

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

How do I turn OFF all the channel filters and get the full channel listing back?

When viewing the tv listings online at "http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings" it no longer shows all the channels available for my service area.  It shows only the channels for the selected filter: MOVIES, SPORTS, ir KIDS.   

How do I turn ALL the filters OFF, and get the full channel listing again?  

I have tried the "Hde Filters" button.  But that only hides the filter selc\ection buttons.  

I have tried the "Change Lineup" option.  that shows all the channels I am paying for, but does not change the listing display to display all the channels.  

Can someone tell me what I am missing or doing wrong here? 

thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I turn OFF all the channel filters and get the full channel listing back?

I found the answer searching under "Community"  instead of "Boards":

If any of the channel filter buttons are highlighted (blue) then simply click (once) the highlighted button to turn the filter off.  

Duh!  I was double clicking. which simply toggled the filter off and back on again.  

Single click!  Not Double click

I knew it had to be something simple...

Thanks Comcast Joe for the answer.  

I just wish finding things in the help forums was a bit easier.  It took me 5 minutes to find my original post (no solution there)!  And then another 10 minutes to find the answersomewhere else.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Re: How do I turn OFF all the channel filters and get the full channel listing back?

Thank you for asking the same question I want to ask.  I have tried unsuccessfully to exit the filters, so the complete listings don't show up.  I wanted to set a Series Recording for Bones on Thursday evening, but Channel 3 (FOX) isn't even showing up in TV listings.  I'd like to be included in any answers you get.

Regular Visitor

I found the answer searching under "Community"  instead of "Boards":

If any of the channel filter buttons are highlighted (blue) then simply click (once) the highlighted button to turn the filter off.  

Duh!  I was double clicking. which simply toggled the filter off and back on again.  

Single click!  Not Double click

I knew it had to be something simple...

Thanks Comcast Joe for the answer.  

I just wish finding things in the help forums was a bit easier.  It took me 5 minutes to find my original post (no solution there)!  And then another 10 minutes to find the answersomewhere else.

Frequent Visitor

I asked the same question you did, but since I didn't see anyone answering it, I chatted with a service rep.  If you have, let's say, "Movies" highlighted.  Click on the "Movies" icon again, and it will cancel.

Regular Visitor

Thanks.  I finally figured that out myself.  I guess I was having a bad day.  The answer was too simple.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation