Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I know what channels I'm supposed to get?

Regular Visitor

How do I know what channels I'm supposed to get?

I'm a stream/internet only customer (no tv subscription). I just signed up yesterday and I cant seem to find anything anywhere that lists what channels I'm supposed to get. When I go on my phone or the PC browser I get way more channels than what I have on Xfinity Beta app on Roku. For example, on the phone and browser I have the channels that are available in HD, but on the Roku I only have the horrible looking standard def channels with no HD channels listed at all. 

As a secondary question, if I have abc, nbc and such, I'm supposed to be able to use their Apps with my service right? Or do I have to actually have TV too. When I tried to connect to those channel specific apps it says I do not subscribe to those channels. 

This stream only seems interesting, but its way to confusing as it stands if you do not subscribe to regular television. I understand you get what you pay for on a TV subscription if you have one, but have no clue what I have or what I should have as Stream only customer.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How do I know what channels I'm supposed to get?

fadetonite wrote:

I'm a stream/internet only customer (no tv subscription). I just signed up yesterday and I cant seem to find anything anywhere that lists what channels I'm supposed to get. When I go on my phone or the PC browser I get way more channels than what I have on Xfinity Beta app on Roku. For example, on the phone and browser I have the channels that are available in HD, but on the Roku I only have the horrible looking standard def channels with no HD channels listed at all. 

As a secondary question, if I have abc, nbc and such, I'm supposed to be able to use their Apps with my service right? Or do I have to actually have TV too. When I tried to connect to those channel specific apps it says I do not subscribe to those channels. 

This stream only seems interesting, but its way to confusing as it stands if you do not subscribe to regular television. I understand you get what you pay for on a TV subscription if you have one, but have no clue what I have or what I should have as Stream only customer.

To see what channels are available, try here:

What channels are included with XFINITY Stream package?
Available channels vary by region, but all lineups include HBO and local broadcast channels - including ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, PBS, Univision and Telemundo - and public, educational and government channels in your area. To see the channels in your XFINITY Stream package lineup, please consult the Limited Basic package on the XFINITY TV Channels page.

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/stream-faqs/

Regular Visitor

Thank you for that info, now for the other part that I posted somewhere else. That link you posted also states this:

Does XFINITY Stream package include HD channels?
Yes, most channels included in your XFINITY Stream package lineup are available in HD.

So why do I have no HD channels at all on Roku? It pretty much doesnt matter now that I see I only get the locals and I can get the locals in HD for free over the air. I might use this if it included HD since sometimes I can have an issue with one of my local channels,  but when I contacted customer service they said there was a charge for HD, even though that above statement says otherwise. I told them I wasnt paying extra for what I can get for free and it doesnt use my data. Its odd because I can stream HD on my phone, but the Roku doesnt even show the HD versions of the channels. 

Bronze Problem Solver

fadetonite wrote:

Thank you for that info, now for the other part that I posted somewhere else. That link you posted also states this:

Does XFINITY Stream package include HD channels?
Yes, most channels included in your XFINITY Stream package lineup are available in HD.

So why do I have no HD channels at all on Roku? It pretty much doesnt matter now that I see I only get the locals and I can get the locals in HD for free over the air. I might use this if it included HD since sometimes I can have an issue with one of my local channels,  but when I contacted customer service they said there was a charge for HD, even though that above statement says otherwise. I told them I wasnt paying extra for what I can get for free and it doesnt use my data. Its odd because I can stream HD on my phone, but the Roku doesnt even show the HD versions of the channels. 

I think the statement is miss leading by using the word "included" then "available". The "included" refers to the channels in your package, but "available" doesn't mean you get them for free. The HD channels are available if you really want them and willing to pay for them.

Regular Visitor

Yes, it is misleading because it does yse the word "included" in the question, followed by the word "Yes". They should rewrite that so it does not say "Yes". It should just say they are available for a fee. Of course that would mean Comcast is being up front about fees, which they never are. Thanks for the reply. Either way I'm paying less for internet now even if I do not use the streaming.
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation