Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I get rid of the disgusting Dr Oz Ads? They make me naucious to look at them?

Frequent Visitor

How do I get rid of the disgusting Dr Oz Ads? They make me naucious to look at them?

Please respond on how to get rid of the disgisting Dr Oz ad at the right top of my homepage? It is pictures of fish eggs and some sort of slimey stuff and a rotten egg that is supposedly good for you but it really disgusts me to look at it. I have responded the ad info below the ad to no avail. I tape stuff on my screen to cover it up but it gets in the way of the text. I may just not use Comcast as my homepage unless I can get rid of that horrible ad.

Problem Solver

Re: How do I get rid of the disgusting Dr Oz Ads? They make me naucious to look at th

I use a software program called ghostery . I don't see any ads . http://www.ghostery.com/
Frequent Visitor

Re: How do I get rid of the disgusting Dr Oz Ads? They make me naucious to look at th

Hi,

Thanks for the website. I'll give it a try!

Keleee

Connection Expert

I use it in conjunction with this;

https://getadblock.com/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

this in Hosts file works for those ads, untill they change the url

oascentral.comcast.net

ad blocking apps are easier though

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for the help. I will give it a try!

Kelly Smiley Happy

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation