New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I get DVR Manager?

Frequent Visitor

How do I get DVR Manager?

Hello,

I want to get DVR manager setup, and the website says its available in my area, however it cannot detect my DVR.

I'm in Shakopee, MN (55379) - and have a Cisco RNG200N.

Can someone please tell me if this model is compatible, and if yes, How do I activate? (my previous attempts have thus far failed.) and if not available, is there any ETA on when it will become available?

Thank you,

Chris

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: How do I get DVR Manager?

mn_chris wrote:

Hello,

I want to get DVR manager setup, and the website says its available in my area, however it cannot detect my DVR.

I'm in Shakopee, MN (55379) - and have a Cisco RNG200N.

Can someone please tell me if this model is compatible, and if yes, How do I activate? (my previous attempts have thus far failed.) and if not available, is there any ETA on when it will become available?

Thank you,

Chris

Do you have On-Screen Guide 2.0 in your area?

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/onscreenguide2/default.aspx

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Hi Joe,

My guide doesn't look like that, so I assume no.

Is there anyway I can confirm, or any link that is available?

Official Employee

mn_chris wrote:

Hi Joe,

My guide doesn't look like that, so I assume no.

Is there anyway I can confirm, or any link that is available?

There is no confirmation link but the guides do not look anything alike. If your guide doesn't match the pictures from the link above, you unfortunately so not have 2.0 yet.

It is scheduled to happen by the end of this year in some Comcast areas that use Cisco or Scientific Atlanta branded DVRs.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

just chatted with support, and confirmed with your post and like the rest of everyone who has posting a dvr manager inquiry, i've been mislead by the Comcast false advertising..  Not currently available in my area, with no eta on when it will be available.

You know, you guys really need to stop advertising something if its not widely available in most if not all markets.. 

New Poster

Check out the Blog from Ted Hodgins which can be found here:

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-guide-for-scientific-atlanta-cable-boxes.html

From what I have learned, you do NOT need to 2.0 guide to use DVR Manager.  You do need the S26 version of the guide that went out to certain markets (including MN) a few weeks ago.

So, in theory, I believe that you should have DVR Manager available.  I am in the CT market, and I have the new guide version (S26) as well.  However, for some reason, I cannot get DVR Manager activated.  There appear to be some issues in the markets where this is being rolled out.  I have my fingers crossed that this will be resolved soon, I have been waiting for a long time for these new features.

Good luck.

Frequent Visitor

thank you for that information rdm, I will check on that with support.

I should amend my initial post, specifically in terms of receiving the anyroom dvr, which I was told would be available when I moved from Jacksonville, FL up to Shakopee, MN. For obvious reasons I was more then a little upset when I found out, that wasn't exactly true. (My understanding is the services are available, but the hardware isn't in my market, at this time..)   - correct me if I'm wrong.

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, I just checked with support, and the S26 nor the Anyroom DVR are available in my area yet.

N/A

What Comcast does not tell anyone, is that in order to get the DVR Manager service they must upgrade to their AnyRoom service and become a Triple Play customer. This means you will need to sign-up for their comcast internet service, of course their TV HD service and their telephone service.  I wasted several hours trying to get this information, as I went to 8 different Comcast reps. and each one had a different answer.  I never came across a more disorganized company in all my life!

N/A

I had the same question and Xfinity could not give me an answer.  Go to these sites and read the information.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-Connect-Mobile-App/DVR-Service-Unavailable/td-p/2049769 

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/requirements-for-dvr-manager.

Vince

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation