Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How 2 choose a "larger" TV Chl # on TV listing guide without scrolling forever?

Frequent Visitor

How 2 choose a "larger" TV Chl # on TV listing guide without scrolling forever?

When looking at the TV listings online, I want to go to Channel 473, VH1 Classic, for example.  Do I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll until I get there or is there (and there SHOULD BE) a place to enter the channel number and the guide should refresh and bring up the "page" where that channel can be found???  Where is it located?  

Regular Contributor

Re: How 2 choose a "larger" TV Chl # on TV listing guide without scrolling

fliskjy wrote:

When looking at the TV listings online, I want to go to Channel 473, VH1 Classic, for example.  Do I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll until I get there or is there (and there SHOULD BE) a place to enter the channel number and the guide should refresh and bring up the "page" where that channel can be found???  Where is it located?  

If you are referring to this site: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings, then yes I agree that there should be a place to enter the channel number. However, you can make the channel that your referring to a favorite channal. Look on the left side, you will see the following buttons, "My Channels" and "Favorites," and "HD Only." Click on "Favorites" and then you should see the following message pop up:

Set Your Favorite Channels

Just hover over the channel you'd like to favorite, and then click the heart that appears.

Your favorite channels also sync with the XFINITY TV Go app on your mobile devices.

I am not paid by Xfinity nor am I an official Xfinity Forum expert. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those in that program & I hope to one day join them. I am a paying customer just like U. Did I happen to answer your question or solve your issue? If so, then please consider giving me Kudos and / or marking my posting as an "Accepted Solution" so that the other contributors can go on to the next issue. Giving me Kudos and / or marking my postings as an "Accepted Solution" is the best way U can thank us. God bless.
Frequent Visitor

Thanx for all that but it would still require endless scrolling to reach the channel nbr in order to add it to a list such as Favorites. This is NOT USER FRIENDLY!! The more I try to "work" with Comcast's supposedly wonderful, advanced systems, the more frustrated I become. I'm not looking to pilot a space craft, just want to EASILY NAVIGATE the existing TV grids!!!! My long and problematic experience with them demonstrates REPEATEDLY that they don't give a rip about the end user as long as they appear to be the newest and brightest bulb on the block. They don't care if that bulb doesn't actually illuminate anything!!!! I must resign myself once again to put up with their extremely overpriced and ineffectual system until an actually viable alternative is offered in the Portland area. HA!! ...but I keep hoping!
Frequent Visitor

BTW; DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THIS "SUCCESS" MONIKER TO "STILL DISSATISFIED" ???
I HAVE NO CLUE HOW IT GOT THERE AND IT IS SO NOT TRUE!!!!!!
Problem Solver

If you are refering to the online listings at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings and you are using Chrome or IE (and probably Firefox as well), just use Ctrl + F on you keyboard and type in the channel number you are looking for, i.e. 473.  This is the command for finding something on the browser page which will take you to the channel you are looking for.  You could even search for the channel abbreviation name if you know that.

This is the command for Windows, not sure what you would use for a Mac, but I'm sure there is a command for that as well.

Hope this helps.

On a Mac I think you would use Cmd + F

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation