Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Horrible Streaming Service

Frequent Visitor

Horrible Streaming Service

Where to begin ...

Poorly maintained Service.  A montage of poorly implemented kludges (from Phillidelphia with LOVE?!).  Customer Support is a JOKE ... they know nothing and create more problems than they solve. Apparently, the Network whiz-kids there are incapable of reading Error Logs.  How do you clowns stay in business?  Amazing.

- Article_86

New Poster

Re: Horrible Streaming Service

I have the same problem except I use Chrome and have been going round and round with tech support for three weeks now.  The initially insisted it was an issue with my browser until I pointed out I could stream from the for you recently recorded webpage fine but not from the saved recordings webpage.  I updated the browser and it still was the same issue.  Then they tried to tell me it was my modem (I don't rent theirs I own my own)   They escalated my ticket to the highest level three tech support who after four more calls who told me it was an issue with my internet service signal being weak and a technician visit would be needed. He came today and found no issue with my internet and so he called in and a woman read him some memo about there being a "known issue" with the streaming portal and that until they resolved it you could not watch your DVR recordings over the internet, he then hung up his phone and apologized because there was nothing he could do and he left. I am just really tired of my time being wasted, being lied to and paying for service I cannot use. All I want is what they promised me I could have when I signed this two year contract, the ability to manage and watch recordings on my DVR from anywhere.  They seem to have broken their streaming portal hurridly trying to comply with the courts order they stop infringing on Tivo's patents and just aren't willing to confess that is the issue. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tivo-comcast-lawsuit/tivo-hits-comcast-with-new-round-of-patent-l...  It used to work very well, now it's mostly useless for those of us that record content to watch without commercials or travel extensively for work and expect to be able to watch or schedule on the go as we were promised when we signed up.

Official Employee

Hello all, we don't want you to feel this way. I can address your questions and concerns regarding the Xfinity Stream app or online services. We had an issue with DVR playback for the past two weeks, but since our latest update launched yesterday we have remedied this problem. Please let me know if you're still experiencing issues with your streaming services and I can look further into it for you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

You did not resolve the problem. As a matter of fact it is worse now than it was two weeks ago before you so-called fixed the problem. I can't even get a recording to play more than 30 seconds at a time or watch a regular TV program without it buffering for about a minute. I have called multiple times on this issue and nothing gets resolved ever. I am told something different every time I call I am told something different every time I call. Xfinity TV stream is the worst. I can't even watch it anymore.
Official Employee

jeffboles78 wrote: You did not resolve the problem. As a matter of fact it is worse now than it was two weeks ago before you so-called fixed the problem. I can't even get a recording to play more than 30 seconds at a time or watch a regular TV program without it buffering for about a minute. I have called multiple times on this issue and nothing gets resolved ever. I am told something different every time I call I am told something different every time I call. Xfinity TV stream is the worst. I can't even watch it anymore.

Are you streaming the recording or do you have it downloaded on your app? Have you tried the app on another device other than the one you're using? Do you get the same error when you try and watch the same content online? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Nothing has been fixed on my end.  I can only stream one HBO channel that I don't even want. 

Official Employee

kbayley wrote: Nothing has been fixed on my end.  I can only stream one HBO channel that I don't even want. 

Do you get any error message when you try and stream other content? Have you tried streaming from our website? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

the problem i have is streaming my dvr through my laptop. At first i had no problems useing firefox. Then i started haveing trouble with sound. It started skipping would not work with bluetooth headphones. I posted here they said try chrome. So i switched to chrome. This worked well for a long time. Then a couple of weeks ago if i would click on "recordings" i would get 3 dot hang. I have found that if i click on "for you" instead it works. This is kinda of anyoning because of the interface i often dont see the recording i am looking for. so i ether use  another device to see what i have recordered which is kinda of silly or i click on "recordings" get the 3 dot thing can't watch but i can see what is recorded. Then i must go back to "for you". I of course have cleared all settings and reset browsers several times. Cleared all catches. reset cable boxes and modems. Tried Edge browser also has sound problems. On firefox i have uninstalled and reinstalled flash player. I have activated and alowed flash on all browsers.

Official Employee

Hello stormspotter, it sounds like you have a few issues using the streaming services on your end. Can you confirm that your sounds issue has been resolved when you use your Bluetooth headphones for audio? Do you only have this problem online or have you tested your results in our app and get the same results? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

it doesnt matter if i use bluetooth or plug in headphones or even my laptop speakers they are all distorted on firefox and edge. It works fine on the app on my tablet and phone.  On chrome it works if i go on for u. I think is some kinda issue with flash.

Service Expert

@stormspotter wrote:

it doesnt matter if i use bluetooth or plug in headphones or even my laptop speakers they are all distorted on firefox and edge. It works fine on the app on my tablet and phone.  On chrome it works if i go on for u. I think is some kinda issue with flash.

chrome has flash integrated. sounds like a plan to just use chrome.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

By the way, as an added bonus: my laptop streams without stuttering at work, but it is jerky as heck at home. Comcast business at work, Comcast home at my house. Both in the same metro area. You guys are doing something horribly wrong. 

New Poster

I feel just as tired of the service as you do & constantly  having the billing changes where I am told that they forgot to bill me for something on the bill & The service I am being billed for I have already gone round & round with several other reps about. And to make things even more maddening I had a 2 year contract & after a year they raised my bill & when I finally talked to several reps they started piece billing me again on items that was a triple bundle on the 2 year contract & to add to that being billed for a box that was returned to them by UPS last year.Also on the recording on DVR the only thing I can see is that service has been totally messed up & the only thing I hear is excuses about the service I am suppose to have on my laptop but no mention of what they should be compensating us for when we are not being given what was in the contract we signed up for. Even if my husband records something off of the main TV in our living room I can't even watch most of those now and the quality of the sound & picture is horrible.I have been with them for right at 8 years & I am prepared to go with another company if I have to go to war with the property owner who thinks he can continue to make his residents continue to use a company that is not supplying its customers with the quality of service that we continue to be charged for.I have talked to alot of people who have had enough.Also, why can't we watch movies off the playlists we set up? And another complaint is that most seniors that are on a fixed income & why as big of a company as comcast, why aren't they offering them a choice of some senior packages, when alot of the seniors who are home bound can't even get TV unless they have cable & with their prices they can't even afford that. 

@merridyth wrote:

I have the same problem except I use Chrome and have been going round and round with tech support for three weeks now.  The initially insisted it was an issue with my browser until I pointed out I could stream from the for you recently recorded webpage fine but not from the saved recordings webpage.  I updated the browser and it still was the same issue.  Then they tried to tell me it was my modem (I don't rent theirs I own my own)   They escalated my ticket to the highest level three tech support who after four more calls who told me it was an issue with my internet service signal being weak and a technician visit would be needed. He came today and found no issue with my internet and so he called in and a woman read him some memo about there being a "known issue" with the streaming portal and that until they resolved it you could not watch your DVR recordings over the internet, he then hung up his phone and apologized because there was nothing he could do and he left. I am just really tired of my time being wasted, being lied to and paying for service I cannot use. All I want is what they promised me I could have when I signed this two year contract, the ability to manage and watch recordings on my DVR from anywhere.  They seem to have broken their streaming portal hurridly trying to comply with the courts order they stop infringing on Tivo's patents and just aren't willing to confess that is the issue. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tivo-comcast-lawsuit/tivo-hits-comcast-with-new-round-of-patent-l...  It used to work very well, now it's mostly useless for those of us that record content to watch without commercials or travel extensively for work and expect to be able to watch or schedule on the go as we were promised when we signed up.

@merridyth wrote:

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation