New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Help. When trying to watch on tv from computer xfinity website, won't pick box

ANSWERED
New Poster

Help. When trying to watch on tv from computer xfinity website, won't pick box

Used to work fine.  When I would click a program on the grid from the xfinitytv website, it would give me choice of which of the three boxes I wanted it to control -- play the show on.  Now, it only defaults to one of the boxes and won't allow me a choice to pick one of the other two.  The boxes are all registered fine -- I checked in my account settings and the dvr part works fine in terms of choice of control.

Accepted Solution

Re: Help. When trying to watch on tv from computer xfinity website, won't pick box

This is normal behavior. In the bottom right corner of the screen you can choose which box you want to use BEFORE you click "watch on tv" or whatever the button says. For me it always seems to default to the wrong box, I always have to change it to the living room box.
View answer in context
New Poster

Re: Help. When trying to watch on tv from computer xfinity website, won't pick box

To clarify, if I use the android app from my tablet or smartphone, it allows.  I am asking about being on a computer and doing it from the website.

Silver Problem Solver

This is normal behavior. In the bottom right corner of the screen you can choose which box you want to use BEFORE you click "watch on tv" or whatever the button says. For me it always seems to default to the wrong box, I always have to change it to the living room box.
New Poster

Where in bottom right corner?

New Poster

Got it.  Many thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation