New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Heartbeat Error

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 42

What is this Heartbeat Error? In the past I have gotten them occasionally, but lately I am getting several in the course of watching a program on my laptop. It comes back when I push "try again" but it is getting pretty irritating considering the amount I pay for my services. 

41 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 42

swanda wrote:

What is this Heartbeat Error? In the past I have gotten them occasionally, but lately I am getting several in the course of watching a program on my laptop. It comes back when I push "try again" but it is getting pretty irritating considering the amount I pay for my services. 

Sorry to hear that. The website and apps validate the video stream security every minute in order to do things like measure concurrent streams and ensure you are still connected to your in-home XFINITY network (for content that requires that). When this happens, is your network connection stable or are you far from your wifi router?

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 42

I'm having the exact same problem, an my router is in the same room. This problem just started today. It has never happened in the past.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 42

I'm having the exact same problem.  Started this week - get heartbeat error watching xfinity TV on laptop, and repeats after clicking "retry" every several minutes.  Router in the same room.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 42

ComcastDan wrote:

swanda wrote:

Sorry to hear that. The website and apps validate the video stream security every minute in order to do things like measure concurrent streams and ensure you are still connected to your in-home XFINITY network (for content that requires that). When this happens, is your network connection stable or are you far from your wifi router?

-ComcastDan

This is happening away from home, but the location I usually watch on my laptop I'm not any further from the wifi router than I was before this started happening, and I never have a problem watching streaming video from other sources. Watching my DVR recordings away from home was one of the big selling points for me to go to X1, and now that is a source of frustration. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 42
Having the same problem starting yesterday. Router is in room next door to use but not very far away. The connection is still stable. It works again when I push retry but will then have the same error message again during the course of the same show. I've never had this error before and I watch a lot of tv online.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 7 of 42

Also getting error for the first time starting last night. VERY FRUSTRATING. With this many people stating it is happening in such close time proximity, perhaps there should be something that Comcast needs to do to remedy the situation...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 42

i'm getting the exact same error ... "Heartbeat" and it began suddenly last night. Happens approx every 5 minutes and very annoying. in the last 24 hours i've contacted comcast 8 times. re-booted computers, modem, cleared cache and cookies, and still no clear answers or resolution. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 42
Same thing happening to me since yesterday when streaming on my home network to my laptop. Error is every five minutes. Obviously something with xfinity streaming. Very annoying.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 10 of 42

I've cleared my cache and updated my Flash. Still getting the Heartbeat Error! Very Annoyed!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 11 of 42

Hey ComcastDan, So it seems that all these incidents are happening to many people, with more customers posting and reading this post message board in last 24 hours, with the same description of issue, with same amount of time between error appearing. I am hardwired to my router, have unplugged router, computer (PC Desktop), cleared all browser history, cache, saved passwords, (WHICH IS MOST INCONVENIENT to have to do), and still getting error message. THIS IS NOT AN END USER ISSUE. THIS IS A COMCAST ISSUE.  Please explain what Comcast is doing to address this issue. We pay way too much to have this sort of constant service interruption...

FROM COMCASTDAN   "Sorry to hear that. The website and apps validate the video stream security every minute in order to do things like measure concurrent streams and ensure you are still connected to your in-home XFINITY network (for content that requires that). When this happens, is your network connection stable or are you far from your wifi router?"

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 42

I am having the same issue.  

It started with me last night.

I see that I am not the only one having this problem. 

I hope something is done about it.

It's getting irritating.

My mother broke my television, and so I am using my laptop to watch my television programs. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 42

Hi all, I have been experiencing the same issue..... Somehow I am relieved to hear that I am not the only one.....

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 42
I am having the same issue. I don't use my tv to watch only my laptop and have been experiencing the same problem. I push retry and it will run for another 10 minutes or so then the error pops up again. This is very inconvenient since I only watch tv on my laptop. I am not sure what is causing the issue but I am no more than 20 feet from my router and the signal strength is perfect. When this occurs I do not have any disruption in my signal strength at all. I am debating on calling customer support as I pay a lot for my Xfinity services. I used to watch through the old website and had a watchlist but that disappeared last year and I lost my entire list of shows I would watch regularly.

I would like an update on the status of this issue. Please let me know when there is a resolution that works

Thank you
Natalie
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 15 of 42

Krkv23 wrote:

Hey ComcastDan, So it seems that all these incidents are happening to many people, with more customers posting and reading this post message board in last 24 hours, with the same description of issue, with same amount of time between error appearing. I am hardwired to my router, have unplugged router, computer (PC Desktop), cleared all browser history, cache, saved passwords, (WHICH IS MOST INCONVENIENT to have to do), and still getting error message. THIS IS NOT AN END USER ISSUE. THIS IS A COMCAST ISSUE.  Please explain what Comcast is doing to address this issue. We pay way too much to have this sort of constant service interruption...

FROM COMCASTDAN   "Sorry to hear that. The website and apps validate the video stream security every minute in order to do things like measure concurrent streams and ensure you are still connected to your in-home XFINITY network (for content that requires that). When this happens, is your network connection stable or are you far from your wifi router?"

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Thanks for the feedback. It certainly does appear to be a Comcast issue. When I first replied reports weren't widespread but now they are. I've alerted our technical team who will determine root cause and fix ASAP. I'll update on status once I have more info. 

Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate the useful feedback we get from you all here in the Forums. 

Best,
CocmastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 42

Hi Comcast Dan - my laptop is not far from the wifi router; laptop is in the same room 10 to 15 feet away.  Why is this error message happening so frequently now, and not before?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 17 of 42

I am experiencing the same issue.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 18 of 42

I have been getting the same "heartbeat error" for the past several days while watching live TV.....older programs are okay.....if anyone knows how to get rid of the error message, please post it....the Comcast info was too confusing for me...thanks...ck

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 19 of 42

Heartbeat error here too. I noticed it a couple of days ago. It's extremely cumbersome and I'm not happy. Please resolve the issue now. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 42

I am receiving the same error and live chatted with Comcast today and they wanted me to clean my history, cache etc. still not working. This just started happening so i agree it is a Comcast error not on our side. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 42
I too am experiencing this exact same issue on my windows 7 64 bit laptop. First noticed it a couple days ago. Hopefully Comcast will fix it soon.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 22 of 42

Continuing tyo experience Heartbeat Error since 2-20-17, callled Tech support, they tried to fix but had to create ticket to escalate to Xfinity TV Online support? This is very odd never happened to me before this last week, I stream content at night on my devices in home and out of home frequently.  I pay way to much for this to keep happening.  I did not hear a mention of a credit for all the time I spend  without streaming services I pay for? Another call to CS will be on my agenda for today, that call usually takes a good hour or more to complete for a $20 credit if that.  Very disapointed in Xfinity and close to closing account. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 23 of 42

you need to fix this comcast, or you will be losing a lot of business, and you are not too big to fail.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 42

Same problem. VERY FRUSTRATING. I'm close to router, no connectivity problems. Streaming is useless right now. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 25 of 42
Can someone tell me when this will be fixed? I haven't seen any responses since ComcastDan initially said he'd report it to the tech team. Still waiting and having the same issues.

Thank you
Natalie
Posted by
Visitor

Message 26 of 42

i seriously can't watch 5 minutes streaming without having to reload the page..  I think we who are watching this page and trying to resolve this issue should find a way to get together and file a lawsuit if there is no solution soon.   Obviously comcast doesn't think we will do anything about this the way they are treating us so maybe we should change their mind.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 27 of 42

I also have the same error.  It was happening only occasionally across the past 4-6 weeks.  Now, for the last 2 or 3 days it happens every 10 minutes or so.  I have never had the problem before the laptop I am streaming on is 5 feet from the modem.  I can see that it is a very recent, system wide issue.  

Posted by
Visitor
Message 28 of 42

Regarding heartbeat error:  also experiencing this error message which started occuring today repeatedly.  I have been streaming Xfinity TV for several months without difficulty ...can comcast please follow-up on this. thank you

Posted by
Visitor

Message 29 of 42

Just wanted to add my name to the ever growing list of Comcst customers who are frustrated by the constant Heartbeat error message.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 42

I am having the same issue.  Watched The Voice on the HD channel and had 8 heartbeat errors over 2 hours.  I am wired to enternet and have a 150mbps package.  The issue has never happened before and I have to assume that it is a server side change that is causing this.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 31 of 42

Count me in on getting this error.  Just started yesterday.  Looks like it is a Comcast error.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 32 of 42

getting this error too starting a week ago

Posted by
Visitor

Message 33 of 42

Heartbeat Error started for me a few days ago. Comcast first insisted it was my equipment -- isn't it ALWAYS the customer's equipment that's at fault? -- then in a follow-up call admitted it was a problem on their end.

"We're working on a solution." Comcast Technical Support 2/28/17

Posted by
Visitor

Message 34 of 42

I am getting the same 'Heartbeat' error and my connection is more than stable as I'm using ethernet network cable(no wifi interference possibility) Even checked my Flash player version and it is the latest version(24.0.0.221). I haven't had any network drops that would cause this, only happens using My Xfinity channels.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 35 of 42

I have never been able to stream Comcast/Xfinity to my satisfaction (choppy, laggy, stalls).  I finally escalated my complaint.  Today I am streaming with limited success,  and now this new fresh torment,  Heartbeat Error.  Every 5 minutes or so,  and I am streaming an OnDemand movie.  Comcast is getting to be ridiculous.  I pay so much for our service,  now I think I'm going to look into alternatives. VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER  and I'm waiting for a call from a tech,  tomorrow morning.  I'll let forum know if there is any answer other than "clear your cookies and cache"  or "it must be your equipment".  I'm literally five feet away from my wireless modem.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 42

I have been experiencing this same Heartbeat Error for at least 2 weeks. Watching On-Demand on my laptop on wireless is not all that smooth anyway as I often get the "Attempting to Resume" message and then the show ends up starting again from the beginning. (No fast forward to get back to where I was.) The only good thing with the Heartbeat Error is that after I click retry it starts again where I was in the show. I'm so tired of calling Comcast to try to get my issues resolved. I don't consider this to be a reliable service.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 37 of 42

First time in 3 days no HB message after 3 hours of viewing...... anyone else seeing positive results?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 38 of 42

yeah, no error for me yet today, and this is good..  here's hoping...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 39 of 42

48 hours... no errors... ComcastDan!!! Good Going!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 40 of 42

Krkv23 wrote:

48 hours... no errors... ComcastDan!!! Good Going!

Glad it is working. No need to thank me. Our engineers jumped on this one were able to resolve quickly.

Thank you all for reporting it and giving us enough info to find the issue.

Cheers,
ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 41 of 42

ComcastDan! You rock! Issue seems to be resolved... Thanks Dude!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 42 of 42
3/14 started getting clear cache Messages last week and as of last night I started to get Heart Beat error Messages . Very very annoying and disruptive please continue to work on this problem and resolve it soon