Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Have you ever noticed its the same song and dance?

Contributor

Have you ever noticed its the same song and dance?

uninstall and reinstall silver light- here is the link....

No that didnt work?

Try a different browser....

No that didnt work?

Empty your cache....

No that didnt work?

restart your browser...

No that didnt work?

We are working very hard to fix your problem, we are aware of it and we will get back to you soon...

Same song and dance... Look around its the same thing on all the errors.  There seems to be no solutions.

Thoughts people.  I will give you this at least the forums work.

Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: Have you ever noticed its the same song and dance?

+1

Silver Problem Solver

its very hard to diagnose computer issues as no two peoples set ups are alike, no two people have the same software installed.  There are so many things that could be the issue.  Your firewall maybe the issue, your antivirus, your broswer, a broken dll, bad cookie.

Why does it work perfect for some and not others.

Here are somethings you can try.  I know you have done this but try it again.

clear cookies clear cache, unstall silverlight, update flash.  restart the computer.   Reinstall silverlight make sure you are doing it from comcasts page not microsofts the comcast version has a patch that is needed to make it work.

If that does not work.

try turning off your firewall and antivirus temporarily see if that does anything.  If that still does not work

go here.

http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

download this free software and run the cleaner.  the have it fix what it finds, this will clean up any stray dll's that are left over from past silverlight installs.   After that restart and try again.  If none of this works I am out of ideas.

Contributor

Perhaps. But some of us remember where comcast flat out misrepresented technical issues, only to be forced to "fess up" later.

Just a few years ago, I lost my Lotus Notes connection and could not work. I kept calling Comcast saying they were blocking Lotus Notes and they denied it. Over a course of several days, 1000s of telecommuters across the country also could not work, and the tech savvy people were blogging diagnostics that "proved" Comcast was behind the issue.

Finally someone at a very high level at IBM called Comcast, and a Comcast SVP admitted that blocking was going on, but only in an attempt to control P2P traffic, and that the Lotus Notes issues were a mistake. (I guess they assumed that Exchange was the only corporate email system in use). It got resolved, but I lost a week of work (and pay), and I won't forget the flat out denials and "pass the bucks" from Comcast support.

See Hart v Comcast for more info. I am not involved in the suit, but I'm glad someone is pursuing it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation