Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HORRIBLE experience watching live TV on XFinity

New Poster

HORRIBLE experience watching live TV on XFinity

It will drive you insane to try to watch live TV on Xfinity from the Internet.  I have blast with incredible internet speed... but every few seconds my live TV will freeze... and to start it again I have to refresh the browser.  If I try the same feed from one of those sites that rips off live TV, it works perfectly.   

Pretty sad that you can't get the same level of streaming from Comcast, the people who sold me the service.  Way to go Comcast... BRAVO!

New Poster

Re: HORRIBLE experience watching live TV on XFinity

I've had the same experience for over a year now, but only on TNT streaming...  I'd like to watch the TNT shows, but their video implementation just continuously freezes after cutting to an ad stream.. audio might go back when the show goes back on, but the video invariably gets locked out, requiring a browser refresh on my Windows 7 Lenovo laptop or my MBook Pro.. or my HP desktop.  This does not happen with ESPN's network, abc, History, Tru, etc ... pretty much every other stream works just about flawlessly.  WHAT IS SO DIFFERENT ABOUT TNT's livestream setup?  This doesn't happen elsewhere on their network, like Turner Classic Movies etc...   Basically I've stopped watching all TNT live streaming offerings... just horrible horrible horrible!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation