Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HOME WiFi Error

New Poster

HOME WiFi Error

why the heck do you, COMCAST, have a problem accessing my wifi information when i streaming TV in my home using YOUR internet service? I am unable to access all my channels, forced instead to use TV GO because your service doesn't recognize that I am at HOME!!!! EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Your customer service reps are unable to troubleshoot the problem. Next step is cancelling my service. I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years but this is ridiculous.

Official Employee

Re: HOME WiFi Error

sudsyone1992 wrote:

why the heck do you, COMCAST, have a problem accessing my wifi information when i streaming TV in my home using YOUR internet service? I am unable to access all my channels, forced instead to use TV GO because your service doesn't recognize that I am at HOME!!!! EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Your customer service reps are unable to troubleshoot the problem. Next step is cancelling my service. I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years but this is ridiculous.

Sorry you're having difficulty.  Does this issue always occur or does it sometimes properly recognize you as in-home? I ask because if it is always incorrect, it likely means that we have the incorrect modem information in our database.  If this is the case, you can call and have them correc the data. 

And, of course, you can also filter by "Available out of home" to see all the TV Go content which works anywhere in the US. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I am having the same issue as sudsyone1992.  I recently purchased a new modem/router and went through all of the proper steps with Comcast to set it up.  I had been using the Xfinity TV app on my IPad and Iphone without any issues as recently as the morning of November 10th (connected to the new WIFI modem/router and the app worked fine with the new router for approximately a week).  That evening on November 10th, I attempted to use it and was getting the same "in home" message on all of the live TV streaming stations, stating that I was not connected to my home wifi, although the app was recognizing my wifi signal, but stating it was "out of home."  I am confused as to what has changed from the morning of November 10th to the evening as the app was working perfectly fine.  I would believe that Comcast has my correct modem information, otherwise Internet signal would not be working at all for any of my devices.  Please advise.

Official Employee

pz84 wrote:

I am having the same issue as sudsyone1992.  I recently purchased a new modem/router and went through all of the proper steps with Comcast to set it up.  I had been using the Xfinity TV app on my IPad and Iphone without any issues as recently as the morning of November 10th (connected to the new WIFI modem/router and the app worked fine with the new router for approximately a week).  That evening on November 10th, I attempted to use it and was getting the same "in home" message on all of the live TV streaming stations, stating that I was not connected to my home wifi, although the app was recognizing my wifi signal, but stating it was "out of home."  I am confused as to what has changed from the morning of November 10th to the evening as the app was working perfectly fine.  I would believe that Comcast has my correct modem information, otherwise Internet signal would not be working at all for any of my devices.  Please advise.

Sorry you are having trouble. Modems get new IP addresses from time to time. I've had this issue on my home PC as well and can usually solve it by following these steps:

1. Refresh the page (F5 or click the browser "Refresh" button)
  2. Check if this fixed the problem
  3. Unplug the modem for 10 seconds
  4. Check if this fixed the problem
  5. Sign out and back in
  6. Check if this fixed the problem

90% of the time step 1 solves the issue for me.

Hope this helps and sorry for the frustration! 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

It happens intermittently. The information on my account is correct. The order of wifi networks is correct (mine then xfinity) but the problem persists. Refreshing, unplugging etc, does not work. Every time I access I have to log in and then receive an "Adding Device" message, then says it looks like I'm not connected to xfinity. I use only one computer for this purpose. It is very frustrating.

And no, not all channels are available on TV Go.

New Poster

Having the same problem only my computer is conected via ethernet cord and still not working???

New Poster

When I check settings for WiFi Network and Password, xfinity reports "Error Accessing Data." How are you unable to access the data that is generated by your service COMCAST??!! This problem seems to be one your customers experience all over the country (I'm in MA) and have been experiencing for at least a year. Your own reps say "they are aware of the problem and are working to fix it." well, what the heck is happening? You need to update your customers and resolve this issue.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation