New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBOgo on Samsung SmartTV

New Poster

HBOgo on Samsung SmartTV

Why is this not supported?

It doesn't really prevent me from watching HBOgo on my TV. All it does is just add a hassle.

New Poster

Re: HBOgo on Samsung SmartTV

A hassle that will drive me to DirectTV. If that needed to be made explicit.

New Poster

Why don't you fix your on-demand instead of shielding it from competition?

Frequent Visitor

It's Dec 3, 2013 and I can't find a thing about an app for Samsung TVs and HBO GO when Comcast or Xfinity (whatever name they want to be called by) is my cable provider. Cable was so screwed up yesterday that the channel guide none the entry of a ch # would not go to a channel. It was acting like the remote was not working with the set top box. Fancy looking X1 platform and its app could not be accessed. I was trapped out of TV except for the last channel used a day prior. called Comcast >> oh, they did not know and it turned out to be my whole area. Should be fixed by 11:30PM or the next monring. I wanted some stimulating TV right then. So, I accessed my Smart apps on my Samsung HD TV and could not connect to HBO GO because neither Comcast or xFinity are listed as providers. So, please tell me how you are able to use HBO Go on your smart TV albeit it some sort of hassle right now?

I need a workaround when the cable network or the local system goes nuts.I could not find the app in the PS3 Store but surely the same issue of no listing for comcast in the provider list would apply, if there is a PS3 APP. I suppose that really would be too much to ask for cooperation with SONY to deliver HBO GO. ANyway, please share with me how you can run HBO GO shows now on your TV.

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
Problem Solver

Six months ago I found that HBO Go was not supported with my Samsung SmartTV with Comcast.

I just tried and found that HBO Go now works.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. I found this to now work. The issue was with Comcast / Infinity. I put my complaint or question here in hopes that Comcast would stop blocking us since they had promised to make these services available. I think the problem's roots were in Comcast trying to protect and grow their line of APPs. I was ready to find another services that would support my access. But as a subsriber to HBO through Comcast, they surely should make features like HBO GO available. Now I'll see if they open the pipeline to others such as Showtime.

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation