Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBOGo cannot authenticate my Xfinity TV subscription

Regular Visitor

HBOGo cannot authenticate my Xfinity TV subscription

I recently signed up for HBO and when I try to set up an HBOGo account on their website, I select Comcast as my provider, I log in to Comcast, and am met with the error page seen here. It seems to be telling me that I don't have an Xfinity TV subscription, which I certainly do. Interestingly, if I log in to Xfinity, click "Account" up at the top, it takes me to an overview screen which also says I don't have Xfinity TV, it only shows that I have internet. HBO and all other channels work fine on my TV and PC. I can also watch HBO programming on demand through the Xfinity website. I have no idea why I can't get HBOGo to authenticate my comcast account. Please help, I don't want to pay for HBO if I can't use HBOGo.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: HBOGo cannot authenticate my Xfinity TV subscription

amurray147 wrote:

I recently signed up for HBO and when I try to set up an HBOGo account on their website, I select Comcast as my provider, I log in to Comcast, and am met with the error page seen here. It seems to be telling me that I don't have an Xfinity TV subscription, which I certainly do. Interestingly, if I log in to Xfinity, click "Account" up at the top, it takes me to an overview screen which also says I don't have Xfinity TV, it only shows that I have internet. HBO and all other channels work fine on my TV and PC. I can also watch HBO programming on demand through the Xfinity website. I have no idea why I can't get HBOGo to authenticate my comcast account. Please help, I don't want to pay for HBO if I can't use HBOGo.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I was contacted by Comcast and after I explained the issue, they said they could see what was causing the problem. He asked if I could hold while they fixed the issue. When he came back he said everything should be working fine, and I told him I'd try setting up HBOGo again when I got home from work.

I just tried again and I'm getting the exact same error message. Also, my Xfinity Account overview still shows that I only have an internet package and no TV package. Help?

Silver Problem Solver

the issue is going to be comcasts set up of your account on their end.  you need to keep calling them to get this straight.   Is there something you want to watch that is not on hbo on demand currently???

Regular Visitor

My ultimate goal here is to get HBO Go to work on my Xbox. But so far I can't even set up an HBO Go account on their website.

Regular Visitor

Got a call from a Comcast engineer. Don't know what she did, but she fixed it. Thanks Comcast.

Regular Contributor

rog286713 wrote:

the issue is going to be comcasts set up of your account on their end.  you need to keep calling them to get this straight.   Is there something you want to watch that is not on hbo on demand currently???

Actually, most of HBO's content is not availalbe on demand. HBOGo includes all their orginal programming content, including the full seasons of Game of Thrones, Boardwalk, Rome, Deadwood, Oz, etc. Also, many movies on HBOGo are not available on their on demand channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation