Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HBOGO wont activate

New Poster

HBOGO wont activate

Seems like my HBO go will not acitvate when i go to HBOGO.COM/ACTIVATE it asked for my device i select my xbox one. then when i select my provider i choose xfinity. once i authenticate it goes to a page to add HBO on my contract. which i already have and have had for a while now. 

I saw some posts about resetting entitlements but the phone customer service doesnt seem to know how to do this or what it means. 

anyone have any suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

Re: HBOGO wont activate

Me, too. Works on Apple TV and iPhone 6s but on iPad I get a message "Comcast does not support HBO GO." Tried deleting, restarting and re-downloading but still getting same message. 

New Poster

Just had a tech out to my house and still no fix for this issue. 

New Poster

Same issue here with appletv, android phone, and xbox. Showing same issue of authenticating, loading an xfinity splash page to add to hbo to my account. Attempted to work through this with two different chat supports and a phone support call today with no resolution. I plan on just cancelling my tv service now, but that department is now closed. 

New Poster

How did this go? Were you able to get it resolved or did you just cancel TV?

New Poster

I ended up canceling my comcast tv service and going with directv now.

Regular Visitor

I figured out a great solution to this problem. Since Comcast has failed to solve this problem for well over a year, you can simply cancel your HBO service on Comcast and sign up for HBO Now. Presto! No more issues logging in.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation