New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBOGO and Samsung Smart TV

New Poster

HBOGO and Samsung Smart TV

Hello,

I tried to use the HBOGO function on my Samsung Smart TV, but I am having issues with it. The Samsung Smart TV gives me an activation code, but I don't see Comcast or XFinity TV as part of the providers which is strange. I am an HBO subscriber, and I am able to watch HBOGO on my iPad. Am i doing something wrong?

Please help.

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: HBOGO and Samsung Smart TV

In a  nutshell you can't use it.

Comcast refuses to support it

New Poster

Thanks!

Contributor

As of 2/20/2014, it is available!

New Poster

Apparently it's only available in certain regions. As a Comcast subscriber in the southwest Chicago suburbs, when I try to activate my television on HBOGo's website, Comcast/Xfinity is not listed.

Problem Solver

I live in Alabama. HBOGO wasn't available 6 months ago but is now.

I watched a movie on HBOGO with my Samsung Smart TV tonight.

Contributor

I wasn't aware that that they could support it by region only. Double check that you're looking in the correct spot. If activation is blocked from your ip address, just have someone in another region help you with activation. Once you've activated, you're set. You could instead activate by faking your i.p.address or by going through a vpn.
New Poster

Whenever I try to activate I get this error message "Sorry, there was an error loading this page. Your account has not been charged." Been that way for a week.
This in the Comcast Xfinity website under an HBO logo. I live in Chicago.