Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBOGO WILL NOT WORK

Frequent Visitor

HBOGO WILL NOT WORK

I have contacted comcast both through the phone and on chat and they have yet to help me, they either give up or hang up on me. Im just very frustrated. I have comcast xfinity, with hbo and i want to use the hbogo app for my xbox, when i go to the activation site "hbogo.com/active" it has me select my provider, so i select "comcast" then it has me put it my xfinity account, user name and password after i press sign in a message comes up saying this. 

Access to this content requires an XFINITY® TV subscription*.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Questions? Please click here for more information.

You can still watch many of your favorite TV shows & movies at xfinityTV.com.
Watch Now »

* Requirements

• XFINITY TV subscription (with a set top box or other device supporting Video ON DEMAND)
  • The network you are trying to watch must be included in your service

I do not understand becasue i meet all of the requirments? i cannot even make an hbogo account on my computer because when i try to sign in i get the same message. Note that i do have the xfinity app on my xbox. Please can someone fix this problem, i pay for HBO why should i not receive this service?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: HBOGO WILL NOT WORK

Ryan9999 wrote:

I have contacted comcast both through the phone and on chat and they have yet to help me, they either give up or hang up on me. Im just very frustrated. I have comcast xfinity, with hbo and i want to use the hbogo app for my xbox, when i go to the activation site "hbogo.com/active" it has me select my provider, so i select "comcast" then it has me put it my xfinity account, user name and password after i press sign in a message comes up saying this. 

Access to this content requires an XFINITY® TV subscription*.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Questions? Please click here for more information.

You can still watch many of your favorite TV shows & movies at xfinityTV.com.
Watch Now »

* Requirements

• XFINITY TV subscription (with a set top box or other device supporting Video ON DEMAND)
  • The network you are trying to watch must be included in your service

I do not understand becasue i meet all of the requirments? i cannot even make an hbogo account on my computer because when i try to sign in i get the same message. Note that i do have the xfinity app on my xbox. Please can someone fix this problem, i pay for HBO why should i not receive this service?

Does HBO work on your TV and On Demand through your set-top box?

Does HBO content work on XFINITY.com/tv? (This is not a solution but will help us narrow down what the issue is)

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

no it wont work online either.

Official Employee

Ryan9999 wrote:

no it wont work online either.

Our team is looking into your issue. Someone will reach out to you shortly to further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Suddenly stopped recognizing my HBO subscription

I am having the exact same problem. Comcast is sending a tech to my house tomorrow but I don't think they will be able to fix the issue. It is obviously a software glitch somewhere.

The rep at Comcast wanted me to reboot my box, too. I pointed put that rebooting the box would not fix my iPad and computer issue. It seems obvious to me that the Comcast system thinks I am no longer subscribed to HBO. Yet I can watch HBO on my tv as long as it is not "on demand". 

The guy on the phone was not helpful and passing me off on a tech is not going to solve my issue. Just waste my time.

I would appreciate a solution as well.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the exact same problem. Please help.

New Poster

I am having the same issue here as well. I've spoken to six reps at Comcast so far with no luck, and was also hung up on or transferred to someone else. Look forward to your solving.

Frequent Visitor

you guys need to hurry up and find a soloution i mean seriously? I called about 5 times, chatted to many of your online people and no avail.  You guys just beat around the bush and act very lazy, you guys have very poor customer service.

Regular Visitor

I'm having this issue also.... Sigh....

Official Employee

Kevin_8 & trakz,

Do I have permission to reset your passwords so I can test your accounts?

vagolfer,

I see you are having a truck dispatched to you. I have our team further looking into your issue. Someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Reset away (please let me know what you change it to!)

Official Employee

trakz wrote:

Reset away (please let me know what you change it to!)

Our team is going to have to further look into thisSomeone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Tech arrived late. He determined it was probably a billing code issue. Made a call. HD Box was reset. We waited for guide to come back. Then he checked on demand and said it was working. My mistake was letting him go before I checked. Regular on demand worked but still no HBO or Cinemax on demand. I should not have trusted him. He was gone so I called Comcast. They sent a signal to my HD box and now it doesn't work at all. She said she would have to send the tech back and then decided to send me to sales thinking they could do something about the billing codes. They put me on hold to speak to a tech and the call hung up on their end.

So after waiting here this morning and repeating my story to 4 people, I am worse off than I was earlier today. At least I had service to my HD box. Now I don't even have that.

I am very positive this has something to do with billing codes. The description on my bill for this month says "HBO/Showtime" when I have HBO/Cinemax. I did not change my service so why did the billing description change? 

Regular Visitor

Looks like its all fixed for me. Can access hbogo and the xfinity app no problem. Thanks to all.

Frequent Visitor

Mine is fixed as well. I wish I knew how so I could pass the info along. All I know is dispatch called and they said they wanted to try something at their end before they sent out another truck. Whatever they did worked. The box is now fixed and I can access HBO on demand and HBO Go. Thank you people at dispatch.

Frequent Visitor

Hey mine still doesnt work, Can you guys please fix this.

New Poster

My HBO GO is also not working. Giving me the error code:

"HBO GO cannot play this show at this time. Please try again later."

Tried it on two different computers, a mac and a windows machine. No luck either way.

It was just working last week. This was my only night to catch up on shows and I guess I won't be able to now.

New Poster

I am struggling with this issue too, I recently moved my TV service to Comcast, and got the cable box in mail. I could not get it to activate over phone, so they sent a technician to fix the activation. Before the technician arrived, I was able to go online and get access to HBO Go, but after the technician arrived and got me activated, my access to online content like HBO Go would not work. Infact when I log into my Comcast online account it would not even show my Cable subscription. I have called them, chatted with them and emailed them but the issue is not fixed. i was 3 years with my last provider, and I have spent more time trying to fix this particular issue than I had with all the issues I ever had with the other provider in all of 3+ years. Don't know what to do.

Official Employee

Onlinenotworks wrote:

I am struggling with this issue too, I recently moved my TV service to Comcast, and got the cable box in mail. I could not get it to activate over phone, so they sent a technician to fix the activation. Before the technician arrived, I was able to go online and get access to HBO Go, but after the technician arrived and got me activated, my access to online content like HBO Go would not work. Infact when I log into my Comcast online account it would not even show my Cable subscription. I have called them, chatted with them and emailed them but the issue is not fixed. i was 3 years with my last provider, and I have spent more time trying to fix this particular issue than I had with all the issues I ever had with the other provider in all of 3+ years. Don't know what to do.

Our team re-opened your ticket on Friday (10/12/12) and our further looking into it. Someone should reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

My HBOGO won't work. My OnDemand is fine. I've called 3 times, been on hold for 45 minutes, and been disconnected tree times. Fix this now. Why am I paying for a service that doesnt work and I still can't get any semblance of customer service. This is embarrassing.
New Poster

I have this same exact problem. You would think that some sort of message would be sent around to their call centers to alert them of the issue. All they do is keep transferring you until someone just abruptly hangs up the phone on you. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

My On Demand and HBO works, i can also access HBO through Xfinity but i can NOT access HBOGO and MaxGo through a desktop or a mobile device (Ipad and Iphone). Each time i put in my password, i get a message that i need an Xfinity subscriptio, somehow my password is not authenticating.

Official Employee

Munachi wrote:

I have this same exact problem. You would think that some sort of message would be sent around to their call centers to alert them of the issue. All they do is keep transferring you until someone just abruptly hangs up the phone on you. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

My On Demand and HBO works, i can also access HBO through Xfinity but i can NOT access HBOGO and MaxGo through a desktop or a mobile device (Ipad and Iphone). Each time i put in my password, i get a message that i need an Xfinity subscriptio, somehow my password is not authenticating.

Please delete your cookies and cache on your computer and please try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thank you for your response. I deleted my cookies and cache and it did not work.

Regular Visitor

I was instructed to do that as well and it didn't work. I have voice, Internet, and TV and when I log in to my account it tells me I have voice and Internet and offers to sell me TV.

My bill is correct and my TV works just fine. I can't sign into the HBOGO however.

I've been hung up on twice in chat support now.

Official Employee

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Will do. Thank you for following up on this for us.

New Poster

Just an update. I didnt get a phone call yet but mine is working now. I had to set up a HBOGO account after i logged in with my comcast info. Now it works.

Thank you very much for your help ComcastJoe.

New Poster

Same problem, here, too!

Official Employee

sign_here wrote:

Same problem, here, too!

Are you trying to watch HBO through Xfinity.com/tv or through HBOGo.com?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

My regular DVR was replaced after a power surge fried my old one. Even though the new Comcast DVR is the same model as the old one, my DVR manager will not let me use my iPad to remotely record a program as it did before. When I click the "test" on my iPad for DVR settings, it does not show up on that TV. How do I fix this?

New Poster

Same problem.

When I try to sign-up on HBO GO site, or the iPad app, once I specify my comcast id and password it says "Access not authorized" and shows a subscribe now button.

Through the xfinity website I can see HBO shows.

Please help/ suggest

Thanks

Official Employee

manjuls wrote:

Same problem.

When I try to sign-up on HBO GO site, or the iPad app, once I specify my comcast id and password it says "Access not authorized" and shows a subscribe now button.

Through the xfinity website I can see HBO shows.

Please help/ suggest

Thanks

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I checked now, and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks

New Poster

Cannot access any of my Xfinity TV (including HBOGO) content on my Computer, xBox, iPad, or iPhone. I've called multiple times, was placed on hold for an excess of 1hr, then hung up on when transfered everytime.

New Poster

The problem is back. I cannot again access HBO GO, but can see HBO video from xfinity site.

I have noticed that whenever "My Account" page on xfinity site shows that I am not subscribed for TV (while I am always subscribed) this problem happens.

Please do whatever magic you did last time. It is frustrating when you want to watch something and you cannot use the HBO GO site/ app.

Official Employee

manjuls & 

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am having the same exact issue.  Can someone please reach out to me as well.

-Ryan

Official Employee

WoodbridgeRyan wrote:

I am having the same exact issue.  Can someone please reach out to me as well.

-Ryan

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

I am also having this exact same issue.  Can somebody please help me as well?  I have called Comcast numerous times with no success.

thanks,

Rod

Official Employee

mrtechman65 wrote:

I am also having this exact same issue.  Can somebody please help me as well?  I have called Comcast numerous times with no success.

thanks,

Rod

There is already a ticket open for your issue. Someone will reach out to you soon.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

I also wanted to add some additional information.  It appears that this problem is not only affecting my access to HBOGO but also any online TV available through partner sites.  I tried accessing Cartoon Network and TNT and am getting the same message indicating that I am not authorized. 

Thanks for helping me get this resolved.

Regular Visitor

Just had a call from Comcast support and my issue is now fixed.  HBOGO now works for me on PC, iPad and iPhone.

Thanks for your help in getting this resolved.

New Poster

I am having the same issue, Can I get a hand with it please Smiley Happy.

Official Employee

gigakain wrote:

I am having the same issue, Can I get a hand with it please Smiley Happy.

Are you trying to watch HBO through Xfinity.com/tv or through HBOGo.com?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have the same problem. I have had HBO and HBOgo for going on two years now and it has always worked flawlessly on my Xbox and computer. Well one day last week, Comcast just up and decided to turn it off even though I had previously told them not to once the promotional package ended! I called and had the service turned back on but the HBOgo service now says I'm not subscribed when I tried to reactivate it on my Xbox. I tried on my computer as well using hbogo.com and it says the same thing. The hbo channels and on demand service are all working correctly. Please help me fix this problem.
Official Employee

AlexHill89 wrote:
I have the same problem. I have had HBO and HBOgo for going on two years now and it has always worked flawlessly on my Xbox and computer. Well one day last week, Comcast just up and decided to turn it off even though I had previously told them not to once the promotional package ended! I called and had the service turned back on but the HBOgo service now says I'm not subscribed when I tried to reactivate it on my Xbox. I tried on my computer as well using hbogo.com and it says the same thing. The hbo channels and on demand service are all working correctly. Please help me fix this problem.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

ComcastJoe:  I'm also having the HBO GO problem with my Xbox, along with StreamPix not showing up on my DVR box menu.  I can access On Demand HBO and regular HBO on my DVR box and through xfinity.com/tv, but when trying to sign up for HBO Go I get the same message as those above from comcast.com after selecting Comcast on hbogo.com/activate, stating I do not have HBO service.

I've also gone through the wild goose hunt with "tech support" a few times, the last of which resulted in being sent to someone who wanted to charge me $14.95 a month along with a one-time-fee of $35 for more "support."  I've had service for less than a week with Comcast, and have spent more time on the phone with this company than any other service I've ever subscribed to.  I would very much appreciate some of this mysterious behind the scenes help so I can enjoy the service I pay a small fortune for.

Thanks!

Official Employee

teamDalx wrote:

ComcastJoe:  I'm also having the HBO GO problem with my Xbox, along with StreamPix not showing up on my DVR box menu.  I can access On Demand HBO and regular HBO on my DVR box and through xfinity.com/tv, but when trying to sign up for HBO Go I get the same message as those above from comcast.com after selecting Comcast on hbogo.com/activate, stating I do not have HBO service.

I've also gone through the wild goose hunt with "tech support" a few times, the last of which resulted in being sent to someone who wanted to charge me $14.95 a month along with a one-time-fee of $35 for more "support."  I've had service for less than a week with Comcast, and have spent more time on the phone with this company than any other service I've ever subscribed to.  I would very much appreciate some of this mysterious behind the scenes help so I can enjoy the service I pay a small fortune for.

Thanks!

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Hello ComcastJoe,

I googled this issue and this was the first result.  I'm having the same problem.  I have an HBO sub and can access all my OnDemand items.  When I try to log into HBOGO it tells me I must have an active Xfinity subscription.

Could you possibly help with this?

edit:  FYI I can log into the xfinity webpage and watch anything HBO related that way.

Regular Visitor

Same issue here. Have been using HBO go for months now with no issues. Now when I try to log in it says I need to subscribe to Xfinity TV for access. When I go to my online account info, it appears as if it thinks I only have phone and internet even though I am paying for HD Digital (with HBO). Nothing as changed recently as far as my services go.