Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO and Showtime authentication

Regular Visitor

HBO and Showtime authentication

Hello, I suspect this is a system-wide problem, but the xfinity tv website will not play HBO and Showtime shows. It says I need a subscription to these channels, but I already pay for a subscription and they work fine on the television. I have cleared my cache and cookies, tried other browsers, and reset my computer to no avail. Any suggestions? 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: HBO and Showtime authentication

philip_s23 wrote:

Hello, I suspect this is a system-wide problem, but the xfinity tv website will not play HBO and Showtime shows. It says I need a subscription to these channels, but I already pay for a subscription and they work fine on the television. I have cleared my cache and cookies, tried other browsers, and reset my computer to no avail. Any suggestions? 

This is not a system-wide issue but our team is further looking into why this is happening to you. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Joe, I have tried streaming on HBO Go on other platforms such as my Android tablet and phone. They have worked in the past. However, I am getting the same error message that I do not have an HBO subsription through Xfinity, which I clearly do. When I click on my account, it lists Showtime and HBO and Streampix as available premium channels.However, they are locked with the orange key when I try to access through my computer at Xfinity tv. So, I don't think the problem is on my end because I am getting the same error on many other devices. Also the service worked fine on Sunday but stopped working on Tuesday when I tried again. But in the meantime I had changed nothing in the configuration of my computer. Thanks. 

New Poster

Please aNswer this question..
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation