Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO Go looses activation

Regular Contributor

HBO Go looses activation

I watch HBOGO on apple TVs, Every second or third day I have to reactive the devices. I notified HBOGO several times, via email of course. The first time I got the "We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your device. We have escalated your issue to our technical support team for further investigation. We will contact you as soon as we receive more information or if we have additional questions." reply. that was a month ago. 

I am not sure if Comcast passes the activation on or if it actually HBO. 

Anyone having similiar problems?

thanks

New Poster

Re: HBO Go looses activation

yes, I was having the same problem where I would loose activation to HBO GO via my Apple TV every few days.  Now I can no longer activate HBO GO and therefore cannot watch HBO GO any longer via my Apple TV.  Seems to be a Comcast issue but no one from Comcast understands the issue.  HBO GO generates an activation code on my TV but I don't get a screen after selecting Comcast as my provider to enter the activation code.  I can only complete 2 steps of the 3 step process to activate HBO GO.  Very Frustrating.  Any suggestions?

New Poster

I too am having issues.  I switched from Verizon on Jan 2 and since then have not been able to watch HBOGO on my I TV.  it worked with Verizon no problem.  I called Comcast and said I have nowhere to put in the code that keeps coming up.  Agent said on his laptop he gets to that page.  GOT FRUSTRATED and decided just stream it from my Kindle to the TV via HDMI cord.  I have same issue with the PBS site.  Glad to know it's not me.

Regular Contributor

Breaking news. It most likely is not a Comcast issue. I have good contact at HBO who was aware of the issue. It is (was) an HBO issue. They put out a bug fix last week and it  should be fine now.  My appletvs have been good for over a week.

New Poster

Nope not fixed it still randomly goes away after activation. Have tried for two hours and the comcast site just loops right back to the activation page. These guys suck
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation