Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO Go iPhone App + Parental Controls

New Poster

HBO Go iPhone App + Parental Controls

I am new to HBO channels with Comcast. I also have successfully downloaded the HBO Go app for my iPhone and am able to log in.

I set up parental controls through Comcast.com and locked the HBO cable channels so my kids can't watch them. Unfortunately, when I try to access something through the iPhone app, it tells me I am unable to view content because of the parental controls, yet doesn't give me the option to input the unlock PIN code.

Is there no way to view HBO content on the iPhone app with parental controls set for the cable channels? Please help.

New Poster

Re: HBO Go iPhone App + Parental Controls

Having the same is sue. I have the parental controls on my iPad because my daughter watches OnDemand with it, and since HBOGO pulls its parental controls from OnDemand, the AppleTV app has the same parental controls with no PIN pad... Seems like a good update....
New Poster

Re: HBO Go iPhone App + Parental Controls

I have same problem -- since we use parental controls the HBO GO app will not work with Comcast. I get same error about "Your Parental Control settings do not allow you to view this network."  Same error when I adjusted parental controls to permit highest rating (X-rated) - still get same error.

I had to completely disable all Comcast parental controls, and then I could use the HBO GO app. Seems like bug when Comcast attempts communication with HBO.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation