Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO Go errors when logging in at Comcast server

New Poster

HBO Go errors when logging in at Comcast server

A month ago when I first got my service HBO Go and Showtime Anytime both gave me the "Sorry, there was an error loading this page. Your account has not been charged." errors when trying to log in once I was redirected to the Xfinity site for my credentials.  This same error was returned from all web browsers and set top boxes I tried from a variety of locations.   The problem was fixed by a Comcast tech support agent who refreshed my UDB data on 12/15.  

Almost a month goes by with everything working smoothly until this week when HBO Go (and not Showtime Anytime) breaks at the login point again.   This time however the error at the Xfinity login page says "This network is not included in your current Xfinity TV subscription," and neither modem reprovisioning nor a UDB data refresh does anything to fix the issue (this is true from any set top box, game console or directly from the HBO Go website).  If I log in to the xfinity site I am able to stream HBO content there just fine.  My account page still says I have the Internet Plus bundle with HBO.

We do not have an xfinity receiver in our home, only a modem so we use an Apple TV to to watch HBO Go in the house and iPads and laptops when we are on the road.  This has become beyond frustrating as I've already wasted 5 plus hours on the phone with Comcast (in a single month) and we are still no closer to solving the problem or preventing it from happening again.

Please tell me somebody has an idea of how to fix these HBO Go login issues at Comcast's servers.

Tags (2)
New Poster

Re: HBO Go errors when logging in at Comcast server

HBO Go is working again.  But I'm still no closer to knowing why or how to (quickly) solve it the next time it happens.  During the several hours I spent talking to multiple techs and salespeople last night we:

reset my password

reset the UDB data

forwarded ports (but only for Apple TV)

fully activated my account (because I did not have a box hooked up)

was awarded 30 days complimentary HBO to hold us over till we got this solved.

None of these things helped during the 4 hours that followed my calls last night (I still kept getting the "This network is not included in your current Xfinity subscription" error.)  But this morning HBO Go is working everywhere again (Apple TV, ipads, laptops, work computer at different locastion).

I'm happy the problem is solved, but since this is the second time I've dealth with this already I fear that this is going to be a fiasco evey month.  And while some of the individual techs I've talked to have been courteous and tried their best the overall Comcast customer service system is pretty dismal (compartmentalized, way too much waiting on hold, clueless outsourced CSR's from India who talk in boilerplate, having to re-explain the problem to eveyone you talk to, etc).

New Poster

Same thing here, on three different browsers on two computers.  I'm peeved.  Everything I've tried is NOT working.

New Poster

Re: HBOGo errors when logging in at Comcast server

"Sorry, there was an error loading this page. Your account has not been charged."

I have been on the phone with comcast since 10:00 am, it's 2:30 pm and I keep getting transfered over and over, nobody knows what is going on. It's so frustrating how they are nice but don't have the skills to resolve the customer's issues.

New Poster

Re: HBOGo errors when logging in at Comcast server

That was the first error I had back in December.  It seemed to be solved by having tech support ressetting the UDB data associated with my account.  Both HBO Go and Showtime Anytime websites and apps gave me the same error.

This new problem is different in that its just HBO Go that didn't work (its working now).  I suspect from talking to various tech support people and other Comcast users that it could very well be the lack of a receiver that is causing problems.  But I'll likely never know for sure because Comcast's support system is so fragmented.  The head doesn;t know what the foot or the hand are doing.  Nobody seems to know what's going on or where to direct my calls.  Nobody seems to make notes on my account about what's already been tried so its like starting over from square one with each call.  I'be honestly seen better customer service at the DMV.

New Poster

I'm also experiencing this issue. Two weeks now. Been on the phone with three different techs, one in-store at a Comcast Service Center, and now a total of five LiveChat folks. It's really frustrating me. 

New Poster

Had the same issue and just got it resolved after 3 days and talking with 10 people. My issue started after I moved houses and they added HBO to my account. Turns out they added HBO to my old account (which was still linked to my new one). My logins were correct but basically matched up against two accounts. The back end had to be cleaned up and matched up with my correct email address paired with my correct promotion.

New Poster

Been doing this for me for the past couple days.  What is the solution??

New Poster

I called Comcast because I'm getting the same loading error message while trying to activate my account. They claim they have never heard of this problem and gave me a number for HBOGo, which does not work during non-business hours. Not real helpful

New Poster

Same error here. Trying to link my Samsung TV to HBOGO via my Comcast account. Tried Chrome on OSX, Chrome on Android, then Safari on OSX. All same error.

New Poster

Exactly the same error here.

Contacted support who didn't/couldn't located open ticket about the issue.

Tried 5 different computers / devices and various browswers (chrome, explorer, ect) - all report back to the incorrect landing page and do not allow for device activation.

Official Employee

Hi kdrews, I am not showing your are subscribed to HBO, please respond to my private message if you would like to add it.

thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

YUP, I'm getting this too.  The ridiculous comcast agent (via chat, mind you) has asked me to reboot my roku (even though the problem is with their website not provisioning my roku)...and then asked me to add the HBO GO channel ( a ridiculous question considering it's the channel in the first place that's giving me the code).

I. HATE. COMCAST.

New Poster

I, too, am unable to activate/authorize HBOGO on any device.  HBOGO and Roku links to xfinity page needed to authorize HBOGO send me to the wrong page.  All I get is a message telling me I am being congratulated for being an HBO subscriber.  What's up with that Comcast/Xfinity?

Visitor

Same issue here. Redirected to a page congratulating me for already having HBO. HBO go support gave me a link to a page linking to this forum.
New Poster

My issue was resolved after Roku tech support directed me to contact Comcast and have them "activate" HBO.  Comcast Customer Solutions did that after telling me my HBO subscription was really expired upon my going on "seasonal suspension" in January.  Once I agreed to adding HBO back on to a new double play package Roku HBO GO activation worked as it should.  I have no explanation for why HBO worked on the Comcast on demand before I called.

New Poster

I am going through the same thing. I have a seasonal subscription at a summer home. Last year I got Comcast Xfinity. The package came with local stations and HBO. At a great price too. I raved about it to everyone. I said, "People complain about Comcast all the time, but not me. I had a great deal, a great experience, and the customer service was great."

This year I sit down to use the HBO Go with my account. Just as I did last year. I had to activate it. Just like I did last year. I followed all the steps. The same as I did last year. Only now when I confirm my Xfinity log in and password it bounces me deeper into the Xfinity webpage. It doesn't give me any opportunity to enter in the Activation Code on my television.

I called customer support. The guy tried his best, but he clearly knew of no solution. He recommended I put in a help ticket with HBO Go. They pointed me to this site and said it is a problem Comcast is aware of, but doesn't have a solution for. Reading the comments here, there doesn't seem to be a solution at all. 

It is incredibly annoying. And that is putting it politely.

The worse side of my nature says this is some kind of scheme to get me to watch through Xfinity's site and app. I don't want to do that. I wantt to use HBO Go. Just as I did in the past. And the fact that it worked so smoothly before makes me wonder if this is a design to get me away from the HBO Go app.

This gets me in the mood to switch providers, but there are no viable internet providers where my summer home is. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: How do I access HBO GO via xfinity?

When I try to sign in to HBO Go I'm redirected to this:

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 5.41.13 PM.png

I can't sign in to HBO Go without being redirected to Xfinity Go. Please help.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem. Being redirected to this every time I try to sign into HBO Go:

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 5.41.13 PM.png

Please fix this for me Comcast. This is an underhanded play.

New Poster

I'm getting the exact same error. Conveniently right before Game of Thrones. Well played Comcast. I'm not even angry, this is seriously an impressive way to force me back to watching the show unconventionally.

New Poster

Same message here. The pop up login box only signs me into xfinity and never signs me into hbo go app. So frustrating. And of course it is next to impossible to get any reps that understand the issue. Pretty typical of Comcast.

New Poster

Same issue here. Tried activating from different devices and browsers. No dice. 

New Poster

Any solutions on this guys? I get it when i try to activate HBO GO on SAMSUNG TV.

Visitor

I also am getting this "good news" error, and would love to watch Game of Thrones on my Xbox One on the HBO Go app before the new season comes on tonight. Any solutions?

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Same thing for me, on all devices, browsers and accounts. Comcast is giving me the most <Edited for violating forum guidelines> answers online right now in chat. It's like explaining it to a 5 year old and they have to be dealing with this all day today. I know they're doing this either on purpose or they caused it by accident to do something to increase viewership for GoT but this is <Edited for violating forum guidlines> ridiculous. There's no fix, I haven't moved or changed anything on my accouhtn and have been logging in for years to hbogo without ever having to do that.

Visitor

Same here, can't login to HBO both in desktop browser and Android app, it just redirects to xfinity player thingy and stays there. Haven't changed anything, used the app for years until last week. Come on Comcast.

New Poster

Same error as everyone else. iOS HBO Go app, Apple TV and Xbox One are a complete waste to try and watch HBO. Comcast, we do t want to use your shi!!y xfinity app. If we cared about it we would demand it. Have you had any demands? Yeah didn't think so.
Visitor

Call Comcast tech...get the person who deals with apps.
Ask them to delete HBO....then you activate HBO go.
Then have them load HBO back onto your account.
It worked for me...
Visitor

See my post below
Problem Solver

Hello  ajgambs44,

I can definitely understand your frustration regarding logging in to the HBO GO App. We are looking into this issue. We will post a response to the forums once we have determined a resolution to the issue.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Haven't been able to simply go to hbogo.com without being directed to the xfinity site or there being an error with the login. What happened to just being able to sign into hbogo.com and watching something?

Visitor

I have the same problem.

I have just wasted 45 mins talking to 2 people at Xfinity support trying to get this resolved. neither had any idea about what the process was and kept asking me to uninstall the hbo go app. The issue isnt the app it is the webiste (http://xfinity.comcast.net/instantly/watch/?cid=hbo&p=d).

Go to www.hbogo.com/activate choose Xbox One, then pick xfinity, it takes me to the xfinity website, I sign in and I get the attached error.

After repeating this maybe 10-12 times I asked to finish the call... I found this forum post while on the call and also a note on the HBO website saying that Comcast is aware of the error... she told me that if we were aware then I should just wait. - riddiculous.

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 8.23.01 PM.png
New Poster

Any update? Same problem here.

New Poster

I have this issue. The original post is from over a month ago, no resolution yet?
Frequent Visitor

Same issue for me, although I have HBO and it works on cable channel, HBO GO will not authenticate. I get stuck on xfinity page asking to me to subscribe to hbo (even though it's already there). Comcast tech support was clueless, per usual. This has been working fine for the past couple years.

Frequent Visitor

My HBO GO stopped working a good year ago or more.  I've been trying to activate devices again and I get the same message you all are getting.  I actually had to use my parents cox hbo go account untill they canceled HBO so I've been trying to get comcast to help out but it's an endless cycle of unhelpfulness. 

New Poster

I have the same exact issue. This has been happening with our account for months. We've been getting rando errors each time we try to activate HBO GO. It seems to have started when we moved and I'm not sure why. It's clearly a Comcast issue and why they can't fix it is beyond me. It's getting really frustrating seeing as I'm paying for HBO and want to watch it on my Apple TV.

New Poster

I figured out the solution after I knew Comcast Technical reps clearly didn't know what was happening. 

I got so many various responses

-HBOGo is not HBO (wrong)

-HBOGo should fix this, it's an error on their side (wrong)

-We're escalating and we'll call you back (never received a call back)

-etc

After analyzing every step of the login process, here's what I found. When you login, you are for some reason not actually logged in on the top right (if you look it says "Hello, Guest") -- therefore you don't have a valid login to your account, even though you're using the one you've always been using. Here's the fix to this bug.

1. Login to your Comcast account yourself with the login credentials you have.

2. Go to account settings and add a new user - you will have to provide a new back up email and phone number to activate

3. After creating the new user, log out and wait about 30 min (how long it takes for Comcast to update its system). 

4. Try accessing HBOGo with the new user name you just created and you should be able to login.

5. If that doesn't work, get on the phone with Comcast Tech support and have them change your original login credentials to a new username. 

For some reason, doing this relinks your username to your account so when you login via HBOGo, you no longer run into the same bug that logs you in as a "Guest". I'm sorry for everyone who has experienced this problem. I've been dealing with it for two weeks and it was frustrating, I can't imagine dealing with it for monrths or even years.

Even if this helps only one person, it was worth writing up. I hope Comcast take this solution and document it/scale it so all technical reps are aware of the bug/workaround solution.

Cheers!

New Poster

I figured out the solution after I knew Comcast Technical reps clearly didn't know what was happening. 

I got so many various responses

-HBOGo is not HBO (wrong)

-HBOGo should fix this, it's an error on their side (wrong)

-We're escalating and we'll call you back (never received a call back)

-etc

After analyzing every step of the login process, here's what I found. When you login, you are for some reason not actually logged in on the top right (if you look it says "Hello, Guest") -- therefore you don't have a valid login to your account, even though you're using the one you've always been using. Here's the fix to this bug.

1. Login to your Comcast account yourself with the login credentials you have.

2. Go to account settings and add a new user - you will have to provide a new back up email and phone number to activate

3. After creating the new user, log out and wait about 30 min (how long it takes for Comcast to update its system). 

4. Try accessing HBOGo with the new user name you just created and you should be able to login.

5. If that doesn't work, get on the phone with Comcast Tech support and have them change your original login credentials to a new username. 

For some reason, doing this relinks your username to your account so when you login via HBOGo, you no longer run into the same bug that logs you in as a "Guest". I'm sorry for everyone who has experienced this problem. I've been dealing with it for two weeks and it was frustrating, I can't imagine dealing with it for monrths or even years.

Even if this helps only one person, it was worth writing up. I hope Comcast take this solution and document it/scale it so all technical reps are aware of the bug/workaround solution.

Cheers

Visitor

This thread and the other thread title below should be merged, because we all are having the same issue.

HBO ISSUE (Sorry, there was an error loading this page. Your account has not been charged.)

I can't get my account to sync either with my Xbox one I just keep getting the same pop up message everyone else here does.

Any updates on fixing this Comcast ?

New Poster

Still having problems with this as well. Any updates?

Frequent Visitor

Tayar, I'll give this solution a try tonight.  Looks like I already have a couple profiles in there.  Might try one of those before creating a new one.  Not a bad work around if it works since comcast can't seem to get their ish together

New Poster

It wont even let me sign out of my account to try this. God what a wonderful worthless company

Frequent Visitor

Tayar's solution didn't work for me as expected

Sorry, there was an error loading this page. Your account has not been charged.

Click here to see exclusive deals for XFINITY customers...

Comcast fix this already!  It hasn't worked for more than a year

Visitor

Still not working !

New Poster

The exact same issue is happening here in Chicago suburbs.  hbogo on my apple tv was deactivated, and auth to comcast from hbogo.com/activate fails with that useless error about not being charged.   Interestingly, I see "Guest" listed on the comcast login page instead of my login id, even though I logged in to comcast before going to hbogo.com.

Same thing happens with the hbogo iOS app.

Sometimes I get the login page that allows me to enter credentials.  other times I get this "XFinity is automatically logging you in" message that ends up failing.

Customer support is of course useless.

Regular Visitor

Having this same issue. Analyst on chat insisted it was because I was using a 3rd-party email for my login - said XF policy changed in March (then why have I had no problems till now?).

Also, having similar issues logging in to other network apps and websites with an error that I'm not subscribed to the network I'm trying to access.

New Poster

I came here to see if anyone was having the same problem I was and saw someone write to call Comcast and ask the tech to reset the UDB data.  I did that and within 10 minutes, HBOGo was working again.

I recommend calling them and asking them to reset the UDB data.  It sounds like everyone has different experiences, but this worked perfect for me.

Best of luck

New Poster

We're encountering the same error message in Redwood City, CA.  

This had been working up until a few days ago.

You'd think with this many complaints they would find a way to prevent this from happening.