New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO GO wont authenticate with Comcast ID and password

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

HBO GO wont authenticate with Comcast ID and password

I subscribe to HBO and can see the channel on my TV however I am not able to watch HBOGO. Every time I try to authenticate but putting in my correct Comcast ID it throws the following error. I wasted 2 hours Comcast chat today and in the end the Agent just closed the chat room on me! Can someone at Comcast PLEASE help? 

ACCESS NOT AUTHORIZED

Access to this content requires an XFINITY® TV subscription*.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Questions? Please click here for more information.

You can still watch many of your favorite TV shows & movies at xfinityTV.com.
Watch Now »

* Requirements

• XFINITY TV subscription (with a set top box or other device supporting Video ON DEMAND)
  • The network you are trying to watch must be included in your service
Accepted Solution

Re: HBO GO wont authenticate with Comcast ID and password

OK... I dont know who did what but Im all set now! Everything is working for me, HBO, ESPN and all...

So whoever fixed it for me... a BIG thanks out to you!

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

what device are you trying to watch it on?  is what you are trying to watch on your regular cable box on demand?

Frequent Visitor

HBO works on Cable box but HBOGO on any other device fails at authentication. I have tried it on a PC, MAC, IPAD, Iphone, Andorid phone.... Nothing works...

Silver Problem Solver

you are aware that most shows that are on hbo go are on on demand on your tv, just not ALL the seasons.  If your authentication is not working that is an issue on comcasts end that can only be fixed with a call to them and fixing your account, unfortunately its a holiday weekend, there are tons more issues around holiday time as no one is there, you can try chat but that is always iffy, best bet is to call wednesday, but realize all the people that got no service over the past 5 days are all going to be calling in then to.

are you signing in with the primary users credentials?

Frequent Visitor

Yup... going thru the primary user credentials and those credentials work fine for everything else....

The funny thing is, that when I sign on to my xfinity account online, it shows that I have internet service (which I do) but it doesn’t show me subscribed to the TV service. In reality Ive got digital preferred.

Official Employee

NASJ wrote:

Yup... going thru the primary user credentials and those credentials work fine for everything else....

The funny thing is, that when I sign on to my xfinity account online, it shows that I have internet service (which I do) but it doesn’t show me subscribed to the TV service. In reality Ive got digital preferred.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks....

One small correction....  I have digital premier....

Frequent Visitor

Got 2 calls from Comcast today... No luck yet....

The issue is that my Comcast account thinks I DO NOT have cable TV services subscribed...Comcast people, I am SURE Im not the first one with this issue... Im also attaching a link to a screenshot of my xfinity login page...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/comcastissue.png/

Frequent Visitor

OK... I dont know who did what but Im all set now! Everything is working for me, HBO, ESPN and all...

So whoever fixed it for me... a BIG thanks out to you!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation