Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO GO cannot authenticate my Comcast TV subscription

New Poster

HBO GO cannot authenticate my Comcast TV subscription

I recently signed up for Comcast and HBO and when I try to set up an HBOGo account on their website, I select Comcast as my provider, I log in to Comcast, and am met with an error message. It seems to be telling me that I don't have an Xfinity TV subscription, which I certainly do. Interestingly, if I log in to Xfinity, click "Account" up at the top, it takes me to an overview screen which also says I don't have Xfinity TV, it only shows that I have internet and phone. 

It looks like at least one other person has had the exact same issue: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/HBO-GO-wont-authenticate-with-Comcast-ID-and-password...

I spent an hour on chat with Comcast last night trying to resolve this issue, to no avail.  Someone?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: HBO GO cannot authenticate my Comcast TV subscription

mrmrsdjd wrote:

I recently signed up for Comcast and HBO and when I try to set up an HBOGo account on their website, I select Comcast as my provider, I log in to Comcast, and am met with an error message. It seems to be telling me that I don't have an Xfinity TV subscription, which I certainly do. Interestingly, if I log in to Xfinity, click "Account" up at the top, it takes me to an overview screen which also says I don't have Xfinity TV, it only shows that I have internet and phone. 

It looks like at least one other person has had the exact same issue: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/HBO-GO-wont-authenticate-with-Comcast-ID-and-password...

I spent an hour on chat with Comcast last night trying to resolve this issue, to no avail.  Someone?

A ticket has already been opened for you about this issue and our team will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have the same issues. Can someone please look into my Issue. I tried with Xfinity support for an hour and chat for a while and no one can help me....

I think the problem is the Xfinity websited does not recognize that I have Xfinity tv, and when HBO GO tries to verity this, it says I don't.

New Poster

I too am having this issue.  I transferred my service to a new address yesterday (all was working perfectly before).  Now, Xfinity TV no longer shows up under my account Overview and when I try to watch premium On Demand programming online, I am met with the orange key and told I do not have a subscription.  I spend 4 hours in chat and on the phone last night and was told there was no problem with my account...  If I am unable to see Xfinity TV under my account Overview and am unable to access my premium subscriptions under the online On Demand, then there is obviously a problem with my account...  I don't understand how something like this happens.  I would like this fixed ASAP.  On a side note, my cable box won't work either (maybe it's the box, maybe it has something to do with this other issue, I don't know...).  Please respond ASAP.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation