Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO GO and Xfinity app won't let me access HBO

New Poster

HBO GO and Xfinity app won't let me access HBO

I have a primary and secondary login for my hbogo and Comcast xfinity app. I can login with the secondary login to watch hbo content on a computer, but not with my primary account.  I have tried to login on my kindle, my phone, and ipad and have gotten the same results.

Last week the primary login worked, but not the secondary login.

When I login on the xfinity app with the primary profile it shows all the hbo content as locked. When I try to login in the hbogo app it says I can add the service to current package.

I am not able to watch the HBOGO app with either logins. Currently on the secondary login it tells me that I have HBO and can start watching, but never logs me into the app.  On the primary login it gives me login screen and then tells me that I don't currently have that service and I can add it to my package.

The same thing happens when I login via a computer. I can login to HBOGo and xfinity and view HBO with the secondary login, but it tells me I need to upgrade my service with the primary login.

I found this in the comcast forum.  It shows what is happening with my secondary login. http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/HBO-Go-Access-Denied/td-p/1911715

I am having to contact Comcast at least once a week  because they get one thing fixed and something else goes wrong. No one ever seems to know what is going on.  I am currently waiting to be escalated to another tech support person on the CHAT system, but I have been holding for almost an hour. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out, logged in and cleared cookies and everything else the tech support people can think of to waste my time.  Anyone have a solution

Tags (4)
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation