New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO GO and SHOWTIME ANYTIME for Amazon Fire TV Stick

ANSWERED
New Poster

HBO GO and SHOWTIME ANYTIME for Amazon Fire TV Stick

I am formally reqesting that Comcast/Xfinity add support for the Amazon Fire TV Stick or add  an Xfinity GO app to Fire TV Stick.
Get off your monopolistic high horse Comcast and take care of us customers. 

Accepted Solution

Re: HBO GO and SHOWTIME ANYTIME for Amazon Fire TV Stick

New Poster

I request it too!!

Contributor

i am requesting also since content on my computer on the xfinity website usually has issues streaming...and on demand on my television gas weekly problems also

Contributor

Would be a great feature offered by other providers.  Paying top dollar for fewer services than other providers is getting old.   Working with Amazon Fire Tv can only benefit you in future.

New Poster

The least you could do is answer these requests. WHY do we not have access when all other providers grant it to their customers? WHEN can we expect access? WHY is it taking so long? Rumor is Comcast is restructuring their subscription process so that you don't need a cable package to subscribe to HBO. Is this why you're stalling? All I can say is it better be worth the wait, because I think you're about to lose a bunch of customers. When I called to ask about this last month, I was told "It's an HBO problem" and was given their phone number. When I called HBO, they told me, "no, it's a Comcast issue", and suggested I bombard them with calls requesting access. What's the point, when your agenda is all set, but you're not giving a straight answer?

New Poster

I take my Fire Stick with me when I travel. It is VERY frustrating that I cannot get Showtime and Fox Sports on my Fire Stick. This would be a good reason for me to change to another cable provider.
New Poster

so how come no response from Comcast on this issue

New Poster

I've been considering "cutting the cord" for a while, and this is one more reason to do it. For what I pay for cable every month, I expect full service. 

New Poster

I request HBO on Amazon Firestick!!  Sure would be nice to have access like every other provider.  There are too many other options for tv to continue "jerking" us (the customers) around! 

New Poster

Why do we bother. Comcast obviously doesn't monitor this forum. 

New Poster

Hey Comcast, why won't you reply to any of our requests/questions?  I've posted the same on your Facebook page.  You're cowards and thieves.

New Poster

ADD HBO GO TO FIRE TV STICK COMCAST!!@@!@!@!@ This p1sses (aparently thats a nono word) me off when I go and read comcast is the only cable company doing this to its subscribers. Get off their F4cking horse and give to us what all other cable companies give to their customers who shell out their hard earned money for this lousy service...

New Poster

I am also requesting Comcast support of the Amazon Fire Stick. Please comply as many others have done.

New Poster

Re: HBO Go on Amazon Fire TV

Extremely disappointed with Comcast not supporting the FireTV.  I actually have two of them and had hoped to use one on the road for television viewing.  You do not support FireTV because of GREED, not technical issues.  Amazon scares you because they are beginning to knock on your door.  I have had Verizon Fios in the past and only changed because my contract was up, but guess what, back I go to FIOS as soon as this contract expires.  They apparently are not as scared of Amazon's greatness as you are.  Also, it is terrible that you have these boards and do not have anyone moderating them. 

New Poster

No response, no class. Typical Comcast customer service.  Embarassing that Comcast will not support Fire TV.  Back to Verizon Fios we go at the end of our contract. 

New Poster

FireTV - HBOGo and ShowtimeAnytime

Why does Comcast refuse to support HBOGo and ShowtimeAnytime on FireTV (in addition to PS3 and PS4)?  Since customer service has not responded to the dozens of other requests in any of the other forums, I figured that I would add it here. 

It is a total joke that customers pay for the premium channels and your internet service, but cannot use it with the devices listed above.  Just about every cable/dish provider in the country supports the technology, so how is it possible that the largest one of all cannot do so?

It may be time to make the switch to Verizon Fios where I can actually access the premium content that I pay for how I want.

New Poster

FireTV - HBOGo and ShowtimeAnytime (Looking at you ComcastTed)

Why does Comcast refuse to support HBOGo and ShowtimeAnytime on FireTV (in addition to PS3 and PS4)? Since customer service has not responded to the dozens of other requests in any of the other forums, I figured that I would add it here.

It is a total joke that customers pay for the premium channels and your internet service, but cannot use it with the devices listed above. Just about every cable/dish provider in the country supports the technology, so how is it possible that the largest one of all cannot do so?

It may be time to make the switch to Verizon Fios where I can actually access the premium content that I pay for how I want.

New Poster

FireTV - HBOGo and ShowtimeAnytime (Looking at you ComcastTeds)

Why does Comcast refuse to support HBOGo and ShowtimeAnytime on FireTV (in addition to PS3 and PS4)? Since customer service has not responded to the dozens of other requests in any of the other forums, I figured that I would add it here.

It is a total joke that customers pay for the premium channels and your internet service, but cannot use it with the devices listed above. Just about every cable/dish provider in the country supports the technology, so how is it possible that the largest one of all cannot do so?

Official Employee

Re: FireTV - HBOGo and ShowtimeAnytime

bsassano wrote:

Why does Comcast refuse to support HBOGo and ShowtimeAnytime on FireTV (in addition to PS3 and PS4)?  Since customer service has not responded to the dozens of other requests in any of the other forums, I figured that I would add it here. 

It is a total joke that customers pay for the premium channels and your internet service, but cannot use it with the devices listed above.  Just about every cable/dish provider in the country supports the technology, so how is it possible that the largest one of all cannot do so?

Apologies. HBOGo and Showtime Anytime availability on FireTV (and some other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Seriously Comcast.  Support the Amazon Fire TV already, at this point you are just looking like a former schoolyard bully that is now scared the little guy might get in a punch. 

Official Employee

All - Thanks for your patience. 

Details at the link below:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/hbo-go-showtime-anytime-now-available-for-xfinity-tv-cus...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Thank you.

I feel like subscribers wouldn't be so irritated if you had responded in a timely manner, even just to say that contracts were being negotiated. But to leave us all wondering was rude.

Shawna