Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Google Browser incompatible

New Poster

Google Browser incompatible

I am having problems using my google browser with Comcast.  While trying to watch live TV, it said I needed to delete my cookies????  Anyway, I have to go to Safari to get Comcast to work properly.  As Google is the better browser, my suggestion is to get Comcast to work better with google.

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Google Browser incompatible

you cant watch live tv on your computer from comast, so I dont understand what it is you are trying to say is not working.  comcast gives you access to the internet nothing more what you do with that access and what brower is up to you.    Its like going on a trip and blaming the road if you get lost, the road is the access to where you go nothing more. 

Official Employee

Newman01 wrote:

I am having problems using my google browser with Comcast.  While trying to watch live TV, it said I needed to delete my cookies????  Anyway, I have to go to Safari to get Comcast to work properly.  As Google is the better browser, my suggestion is to get Comcast to work better with google.

Thanks

Have you tried deleting your cookies in Google Chrome?

What live channel(s) are you trying to watch online?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Thanks Joe for your reply. Apparently Silver dude does not have cable with comcast or he would know that you can watch live TV on your computer or iPAD etc.  Or at least that is what is said.  

I was trying to watch CNN and the notice came up.  I am not sure how to remove the cookies from Google.  As a matter of fact, I am tired of Google asking for my private information in my programs and seeing recurring adds that I am already using those products.  So my Google beef itself is with Google (just venting) but I would like to figure out how to watch the live TV.  I will begin traveling soon and not all the hotels etc. have my favorites.

New Poster

Hello Joe:

Just tried the live TV again.  It is now working with Google.  Did not do anything different so perhaps you all looked into it???

anyway, thank you for your educated response and Silver dude should come up with a new name as he clearly should not be trying to answer questions on this blog.

Official Employee

Newman01 wrote:

Thanks Joe for your reply. Apparently Silver dude does not have cable with comcast or he would know that you can watch live TV on your computer or iPAD etc.  Or at least that is what is said.  

I was trying to watch CNN and the notice came up.  I am not sure how to remove the cookies from Google.  As a matter of fact, I am tired of Google asking for my private information in my programs and seeing recurring adds that I am already using those products.  So my Google beef itself is with Google (just venting) but I would like to figure out how to watch the live TV.  I will begin traveling soon and not all the hotels etc. have my favorites.

Go here to learn about clearing your cache and other browser:

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95582&topic=14666&ctx=topic

Once you have delete your data, try watching a video again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

So how/where are you watching live TV on the computer?

Is this related to AnyPlay service from Comcast in someway (which I thought was for mobile devices rather than computers)? www.xfinity.com/anyplay
New Poster

I can watch TV Live from the iMAC!  It is part of the services that Comcast provides.  It is not just only for your iPAD or other mobile devices you can use your browser.  Go into your account.  At the top you have the selections and one is Live TV.  The selection is limited and hopefully they will further expand it.

Regular Contributor

rog286713 wrote:

you cant watch live tv on your computer from comast, so I dont understand what it is you are trying to say is not working.  comcast gives you access to the internet nothing more what you do with that access and what brower is up to you.    Its like going on a trip and blaming the road if you get lost, the road is the access to where you go nothing more. 

http://xfinity.comcast.net/watch-live-tv/

Rog, seriously, just stop dude.