Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Getting videos to play with the new Adobe Flash software!

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Getting videos to play with the new Adobe Flash software!

I HAVE loaded the latest version of Adobe Flash on my Mac and some of the videos are STILL saying that I need the software update!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Getting videos to play with the new Adobe Flash software!

sum1else wrote:

I HAVE loaded the latest version of Adobe Flash on my Mac and some of the videos are STILL saying that I need the software update!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

When Flash released version 11, they decided to no longer to support Mac OS X 10.5.

We have updated our videos to use version 11.1 and higher to improve video playback.

Other customers have been talking about upgrading their operating system to 10.6 or higher in our main thread about this issue. Go here to learn more:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Adobe-Flash-Player-11-and-Mac-OS-X-10-5-and-lower-not-compatible/m-p/1446819

This thread will be locked. Please post any questions, comments, or concerns in the main thread.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Getting videos to play with the new Adobe Flash software!

sum1else wrote:

When Flash released version 11, they decided to no longer to support Mac OS X 10.5.

We have updated our videos to use version 11.1 and higher to improve video playback.

Other customers have been talking about upgrading their operating system to 10.6 or higher in our main thread about this issue. Go here to learn more:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Adobe-Flash-Player-11-and-Mac-OS-X-10-5-and-lower-not...

This thread will be locked. Please post any questions, comments, or concerns in the main thread.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation