New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Getting an Error 3222 message?

Official Employee

Getting an Error 3222 message?

Hi all,

This error you are experiencing is indicative of your computer having issues downloading certain files at the start of playback. This can be caused by a firewall or proxy.

Please check your firewall settings and make sure that you are allowing XFINITYTV.com and XFINITY.com to pass through your firewall.

In addition, please try these steps below

1. Clear your browser’s cache
  2. Clear your browser’s cookies
  3. Restart your browser
  4. Attempt to re-watch the same video that was previously resulting in an error.

If the steps above do not work, please completely remove Silverlight from your computer and then try watching a video again. You will now be prompted to install Silverlight. Please follow all the on-screen instructions and then try watching a video again.

Also, try using one of these three browsers that you do not use and see if videos play properly: Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox

Please let us know your results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Getting an Error 3222 message?

I DO use Google Chrome and I tried all the steps.......and nothing works.

Suzanne-Gibbs

New Poster

Hello,

We're getting error 4001 on our mac all of a sudden. New users to XfinityTV Online but it worked this morning and does not work tonight. We've tried reinstalling Silverlight, restarting, alternate browsers and all combinations thereof... no luck. Is this something on our side or on your side?

Thanks!

Official Employee

cunninglo wrote:

Hello,

We're getting error 4001 on our mac all of a sudden. New users to XfinityTV Online but it worked this morning and does not work tonight. We've tried reinstalling Silverlight, restarting, alternate browsers and all combinations thereof... no luck. Is this something on our side or on your side?

Thanks!

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hi,

I used google chrome and firefox, deleted all the cookies and cache, restarted the browser, and it still did not work, but it's only when I try to watch The Daily Show or The Colbert Report, all other videos have worked so far. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Me too. Comcast customer service is no help. They don't even know what I'm talking about and I'd prefer not to have to waste two hours cutting through the dense "underbrush" of Comcast's under-trained cust. svc. reps. I'm using Google Chrome and my cache gets cleaned regularly...tyonighht all my programming online is getting Error 3222.

Official Employee

Lary9 & Igorgone,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also Lary9, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thanks, All. I turned off  my computer, unplugged it for about a minute......when I restarted the computer, everything worked perfectly. Thank you......I guess it just needed a nudge.

Suzanne

Frequent Visitor

It was ALL shows...but I cleared my cache & cookies and re-entered w/ success. Below is my ibformation from the Device Info page. Are all the 'data' shown in that paste below safe for public exposure?   L.E.Alba

My Device Information My Zip Code: 07980 My Cable Provider: Comcast Long Hill Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Nostromo 2 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 69.248.17.40 My operating system: Windows - [**] Undefined My web browser: Chrome 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.77 Safari/535.7 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

[**] HP Pav d7i...Inell Core 2.0GHz....Windows 7 with 64-bit op sys...  800 G drive...8.0 G RAM

Official Employee

Lary9 wrote:

It was ALL shows...but I cleared my cache & cookies and re-entered w/ success. Below is my ibformation from the Device Info page. Are all the 'data' shown in that paste below safe for public exposure?   L.E.Alba

My Device Information My Zip Code: 07980 My Cable Provider: Comcast Long Hill Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Nostromo 2 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 69.248.17.40 My operating system: Windows - [**] Undefined My web browser: Chrome 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.77 Safari/535.7 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

[**] HP Pav d7i...Inell Core 2.0GHz....Windows 7 with 64-bit op sys...  800 G drive...8.0 G RAM

Try updating to Silverlight 5 and see if videos work. Go here for step-by-step instructions:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/xfinity-tv-player/#silverlight-reinstall

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I am still getting error 3222 even after clearing my cache and cookies. Mozilla works. With the trouble I have had and all the time spent trying to fix the many problems that are not on my end I feel there should be a discount. But considering how hard it is and how long it takes to get any effective help or sollutions for the online tv I don't think it would be worth all the time and frustration that would come with. Maybe they will be a little proactive and compensate me without further inconvenience.(hint, hint)

mosh1

New Poster

none of these steps worked

Official Employee

jlslx4 wrote:

none of these steps worked

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I'm having the same problem in IE 8.  I've followed the instructions and I still get the same error:

This video cannot be played.

We've experienced a playback error. (Error 3222)

Please try deleting your cookies and browser cache and refresh this page.

Still having problems? Try our forums.

New Poster

I've been trying to watch Once Upon a Time in Mexico for weeks and keep getting different error messages. The latest is 3222. Here is the text from the website you direct people to... as I tried all the steps and nothing works... Please help.

Frequent Visitor

I did everyhting Joe suggested---no change. I put a "ticket" in to Xfinity Online Cust Service" by telephone and it was resolved in less than 24 hours.

New Poster

I've been getting 3222 all night.

I am attempting to watch a show at this URL:  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Life-and-Times-of-Tim/100173/2194425913/The-Life-%26-Times-of-Ti...

I already deleted all cookies, cleared my chache and tried a different browser (I use Chrome.)

Here is the my computer info:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 02143 My Cable Provider: Comcast Somerville Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.188.81.150 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

New Poster

I have been trying to watch several different shows for about 3 weeks now and will get different messages, they started out as Error 400, now they are showing Error 3222.  I have cleared my cache and cookies and restarted several time and still nothing.  The shows I'd like to watch are:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Fades/174568/2193579385/The-Fades-1.06/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Shameless/106921/2198454378/Shameless%3A-A-Bottle-of-Jean-Nate/video...

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Californication/95876/2198455099/Californication%3A-Here-I-Go-Again/...

Also the link below always shows: Sorry, this video is unavailable.

It's probably a network issue, so try refreshing the page. If that doesn't work, you may have to come back a little later.

It's also possible that this video has expired. Sometimes, videos are only available to us for a limited time.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/NCIS/11915/2200131531/NCIS---Psych-Out/videos

My Device Information My Zip Code: 84094 My Cable Provider:Comcast Salt Lake City Digital My myDVR Manager Status:Not Installed My Set Top Box Names:Not Installed My Queue setup:False Facebook Queue Syncing:False Facebook Connect:False My public IP address:174.52.1.139 My operating system:Windows - Undefined My web browser:Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11 My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version:Not Installed My Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0 My flash version:11.1 R102 Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled

Official Employee

Try completely uninstalling Silverlight then try installing it again. Go here for step-by-step instructions:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/xfinity-tv-player/#silverlight-reinstall

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have already uninstalled/re-installed Silverlight 2 days ago and that didn't help either.

Official Employee

hstevens wrote:

I have already uninstalled/re-installed Silverlight 2 days ago and that didn't help either.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have already tried my IE 64bit, it said my IE wasn't compatable and that I needed to update my xfinity player. I also tried my Mozilla and it said a new error 3001

New Poster

i get message3222 on google chrome but works on ie8 

New Poster

Two months later and still errors happen all over the place...nice job comcast.

New Poster

Continued problem watching XfinityTV programs, I am able to watch standard TV programs from networks like ABC, NBC, & CW, but I receive the error:

Only when trying to watch shows from pay channels that I pay for & are able to watch on my regular TV.

I have followed the process to Clear the cookie & cache with no help to this problem. It all started after the new year, before then I was able to watch programs from XfinityTV.

I am also using Firefox 10.0.2

Neal

nwild@comcast.net

New Poster

Yeah I have been having the same problems. I tried IE 9.0, Firefox 6.0 and 10.0 and had no luck. The videos work on my iPhone though.

I am not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

New Poster

gitting an error 3222 massage.

New Poster

I'm still getting a 3222 Error code when trying to watch the following tv shows:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Lost/93942/2195753405/Lost-119/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Lost/93942/2194654561/Lost-405/videos

My Zip Code: 48134 My Cable Provider: Comcast Taylor Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Not Installed My public IP address: 12.165.188.130 My operating system: Windows - rv:9.0.1 My web browser: Firefox 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee

mutinydave wrote:

I'm still getting a 3222 Error code when trying to watch the following tv shows:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Lost/93942/2195753405/Lost-119/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Lost/93942/2194654561/Lost-405/videos

My Zip Code: 48134 My Cable Provider: Comcast Taylor Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Not Installed My public IP address: 12.165.188.130 My operating system: Windows - rv:9.0.1 My web browser: Firefox 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Your running an older version of Silverlight. Try completely uninstalling it then try installing it again. Go here for step-by-step instructions:

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have tried all your suggestions as well as different browsers and still have no success.

New Poster

I have firefox..and still get it...i restart, clear..mostly movies... more then  series

New Poster

I have every browser there is, followed all their instruction, which where all BS, and have not been able to watch a movie that originates from Comast for 3 month, any of their links to Hulu work fine. Comcast sucks, I'm switching to Verizon.

New Poster

I used to be able to watch True blood on Google Chrome but get the following message all the time now:

We've experienced a playback error. (Error 3222)

And it still doesn't work after doing as instructed.

However, the previews will play. I have better luck with Firefox, although I still get error messages occasionally but usually if I follow the instructions it evntually works. Very frustrating and time consuming when this happens...

New Poster

Have tried everything you have mentioned, still not working.... getting upset, please help !!!!

New Poster

i have done all the suggestions and still can't play a movie

New Poster

how do i delete the cookies and the browsers cache

New Poster

Spartacus will not play on Chrome but it will on INternet Explorer but I HATE IE so I am hoping a solution is discovered soon!

New Poster

Dear Joe,

Followed the steps but still showing the same error

This is what it showed me.

We've experienced a playback error. (Error 3222)

MORE HELP

Appreciate any help.

Thank you kindly.

Edu

Contributor

You hit the nail right on the head.    Between the high speed internet connection and the cable TV it is one thing after another with Comcast and the "under-trained cust. svc reps." Comcast (Xfinity) develops more and more systems without making sure they are developed properly and provides quality service for it's customers. Then the price goes up for every little thing they add. I just want to watch TV and have internet connection. I don't want to be a "Phone Friend" with Comcast every six months because of some inferior technology they throw at their customers.

New Poster

Tried all the browsers, clearing cache and cookies (from forever). Rarely able to watch a couple of Dexter episodes, most of the time I just get the Error 3222 Death message. Guys have any suggestions other than what has been posted?

My Device Information   My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

New Poster

Using Google Chrome and getting error on HBO movies as well as some non HBO movies, but not all.

Send me an email when you can help.

xxxxxx@yahoo.com

New Poster

Getting the lovely Error 3222 Message.. cleared cookies and cache..closed and reopend firefox  here's my stats

My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.101.68.18 My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Link to video is http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/True-Blood/97877/1178301909/True-Blood-01-%28HBO%29/videos

New Poster

Nothing is working.  Is there another fix for this problem?  This happens way too often.

New Poster

Is there another fix?  This happens to me way too often.  None of your suggestions have worked so far.

Official Employee

Try updating your video drivers and then try watching videos again.

To ensure that you are using the latest official drivers for your graphics card, follow the below steps for your computer's operating system:

Windows

1. Click the Start button and then click the Control Panel option.
  2. Click Hardware and Sound from the menu.
  3. Click on the Device Manager icon from the menu.
  4. Click on your graphics card icon from the menu on the left side of the Device Manager window.
  5. Click the Drivers tab at the top of the window that appears. The window should have a prompt saying "The drivers for this device are up to date".
  6. Click the Update Driver icon on the window if the drivers are out of date. Wait for the drivers to install on the system.
  7. Click the Restart button when prompted. When the computer restarts, the drivers will be up to date.

Mac OS X

1. Click the Apple logo.
  2. On the Apple menu, click Software Update.
  3. If there is a Mac OS X update available, you can install it. If there is a graphics driver update, it will be included in the Mac OS X update.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

With all due respect Joe - I don't understand why there is a need to "try different browsers" or "update drivers" when it's been working all along and then all the sudden BOOM - Error (see below).  I watched episode after episode of True Blood and got an error.  Switched to Another show I wanted to catch up a season on and after 7 or so shows I get the same error.  It sounds to me more like Comcast limiting your viewing?   I've tried all of your suggestions, and still - can't stream online. 

Any other suggestions?  See error below.

Contributor

Joe,

Comcast doesn't seem to understand that we pay a fee to have service, not to be a technician. From all the posts one can easily see that many customers who are receiving this Error Message are not having success in the information given. If the video offerings Comcast makes doesn't work then do away with it. As I have written in another post between the Internet connection and HD cable television there are constant problems that crop up necissitating a call to Comcast and having to spend inordinate amount of my personal time dealing with Comcast. And in addition we are paying more and more for Comcast's less than perfect programming.  I, like increasing numbers do not want our lives to be spent in dealing with Comcast's issues. My suggestion is for Comcast's technicians to make sure their offerings are in good working order before launching a new program. Thank you for this opportunity to express my feelings, even though I do not believe it will change anything, but I might. 

New Poster

I'm pretty sure this is a comcast error.  It started giving me this error this morning.  I can go to hulu and watch their videos on the same browser without any problems.  So either streaming service went down or comcast must be having some type of internal error.  I watched a show on this service this morning and at about 9am, it started shooting back this error on everything I tried to watch. I do work as a tech and according to comcast's tech information, my machine is running what they recommend as far as browser version and updates are concerned, so it's a comcast issue.

New Poster

I am experiencing the same problem as described in previous feeds. I believe this is a Comcast issue becasue i am able to use Netflix on this same computer.  I've tried everything that was recommended by "Joe" such as clearing the cookies and browser and going through the control panel to update drivers that were just fine and did not need to be updated. I am receiving the same error message (3222). This is very disappointing because I've been trying to complete watching Season 1 on the Wire all day, in order to better enjoy Season 2 on my television this weekend. Please advise soon. Thanks.

New Poster

Hi

I am using google crome . I am still getting this error

What do I do next

Thanks