New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Galaxy Tab S and xfinity go app?

ANSWERED
New Poster

Galaxy Tab S and xfinity go app?

When will this app work right now it says my Tab S isnt compatable from the play store and the TV app from X1 is not currently in my area sure the smart phone works fine but I would like to view it on my tablet any idea whe it will be working??

Accepted Solution

xfinity tv app and galaxy tab s

Any information on when the xfinity tv app will be compatible with galaxy tab s.  

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Galaxy Tab S and xfinity go app?

rdav01 wrote:

When will this app work right now it says my Tab S isnt compatable from the play store and the TV app from X1 is not currently in my area sure the smart phone works fine but I would like to view it on my tablet any idea whe it will be working??

Applogize for the issue but we are still waiting on a fix to allow the TV Go app to work on the Tab S.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I became aware that this app didn't work way back in April. Shocked it's still not fixed.

New Poster

Dear Comcast Chad,

The repeated and ongoing failure of Comcast to provide working apps to its customers is endemic.

The evidence suggests that Comcast simply doesn't  care.

Comcast's reputation for appalling customer service is richly deserved.

New Poster

From what I've been reading it seems like this issue has been going on now for over three months. I'm really wondering if this issue is ever going to be solved, after all I'm sure that the number of customers this affects is small so who cares.

Regular Visitor

For those of you who previously had it installed on your Tab S, there is a workaround. If you disable wireless, start the app, then switch to download. Then you can enable wireless and it will work normally from then out. I have been using it that way since it started acting up on startup a while back. It's annoying and it shouldn't be that hard to fix from a developer standpoint. But at least I can use it.

New Poster

Xfinity is probably chasing the TV go app programer around on goats in the mountains of Tibet. I hope they find him I have a Tab S.

Frequent Visitor

At this point, shouldn't we be reimbursed for the months that Xfinity Go Tv has been unavailable.. Xfinity Go Tv was highly advertiised so how can you not have this app running on Sumsung s tab yet.

Regular Contributor

Great, this sucks. Just got the Tab S recently.

Tried to get the TV Go app, got message they were trying to fix.  Wouldn't even let me download it.

Had the tablet too long to return it. Looks like they are taking their own good time.  Cat Frustrated

When I get where I'm going ..........
New Poster

it is still not working.. that's the main reason i even got the tablet to watch my shows...

Do we know when it will be fix???

New Poster

I called xfinity about this they blamed samsung. I called samsung they blamed google. Bottom line is they don't care we are already customers.

New Poster

Still not working. Paying hundreds  a year and can't even get a functioning  app. So terrible :/

New Poster

Stillllll not functional 9/10/15

New Poster

This is outrageous guys. Comcast can do but where there is a will, there is a way!

Regular Visitor

Chad, Has there been any movement on this issue?

Official Employee

The teams are working on it, but still no date to provide.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

How can they not have an estimated date look I pay over $200 month with all my services which this app is included its been 2 months since i posted surely its not that hard to FIX an app to work on ALL platforms? This is getting to the point of cancelation

New Poster

It has been one issue after another with my xfinity service. Im about ready to drop comcast all together. I h o pe it is resolved soon or I will be a direct tv customer. At least they dont make a bunch of promises they cant back.

Regular Contributor

Come on Comcast - you just raised my bill and expect me to accept it.

Well I expect you to fix this app.

Will more money help you to fix this problem? I won't hold my breath!

New Poster

For those that are still waiting, Go into your android security settings and allow apps from unknown sources.  Just do a google search for xFinity TV Go apk file, download it. Click on the file to install it.  Shut off your wirless, open the app, turn wireless back on and login to your comcast app with your comcast ID.  It works fine.  Just watched Fear the Walking Dead.

New Poster

burnsga wrote:

For those that are still waiting, Go into your android security settings and allow apps from unknown sources.  Just do a google search for xFinity TV Go apk file, download it. Click on the file to install it.  Shut off your wirless, open the app, turn wireless back on and login to your comcast app with your comcast ID.  It works fine.  Just watched Fear the Walking Dead.

that worked!! thanks

Frequent Visitor

There is also a Xfinity TV apk that can be side loaded the same way. It works great.

New Poster

xfinity apps

I was on uverse and had no problems with the apps on my phones or my tablet. But since I switched to xfinity I haven't been able to use their x1 tv apps. And while trying to fix the problem it turns out that the tv app and the tv go app isn't compatible with my galaxy tablet. I have been duped and I am stuck with this inferior product for two years. Uverse is better. And now I am stuck with this
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: xfinity apps

Worked for me, too.  Does anyone kknow why it wasn't available from google play?  Also, can I delete the download file after it is installed???

Frequent Visitor

xfinity tv app and galaxy tab s

Any information on when the xfinity tv app will be compatible with galaxy tab s.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: xfinity tv app and galaxy tab s

burnsga solution worked for me.  I didn't care about the tv go app, just the regular tv app that would allow me to access my dvr like I can on my galaxy phone.

New Poster

Comcast is still blaming samsung. Funny how my 5 year old phone can work but that can't get their application to work on a one year old tablet.

BTW the work around is nice,but not the fix I need.

Come on comcast

Frequent Visitor

Looks like it is fixed but I am leaving it side loaded so if the block it I still have access.

Frequent Visitor

don't think they fixed it.  looks like the same version that they pulled down before.  play store lists it as the same version I side loaded before.

Regular Visitor

Disabling wireless then launching tvtogo works and I can watch what I've downloaded, but I can't download any new movies. I have a beautiful tablet with awesome quality but can't take advantage of it. Comcast, it's been months and months, just how long is this going to take to fix?  Like others on this post, I'm paying $245 a month and all I've had are problems. The second I can get Verizon back, I'm doing it.

ComcastChad wrote:
The teams are working on it, but still no date to provide.

New Poster

How long does it take to really fix a problem like that when they have the resources to do so? I also like everyone else pay 200 a month for Comcast and upset that I can't use the app on my Galaxy Tab S

New Poster

The app was working sometimes up until this past Saturday morning. On the advice of a customer service person I uninstalled the app to re-install it and, guess what? In the play store the app comes up as "your device isn't compatible with this version" so i can't put it back. Thanks a lot. I travel all the time and the TV GO app was one of the reasons for buying the Tab S in the first place. Netflix doesn't have this problem! Very disappointing and unfortunately I don't have much faith in either Comcast/Xfinity or Samsung fixing the problem.

Frequent Visitor

You can side load both the tv go app and tv app. Go to Google or bing search and search xfinity tv go apk or xfinity tv apk. You do need to be careful because some will redirect you to adult website. Download, then turn off your wifi. Then install, after install reconnect to wifi and sign in to your xfinity account.

New Poster

the delay in getting the fix for tab s has been going on long enough. comcast needs to make it a prioty and push the third party if that is truly where the problem lies. i bought my tab s specifically to watch on demand. my tablet is out of memory because i have to download the channels individually from the market...and most of the channels cannot be moved from device storage to sd card storage so i have to delete and reinstall channels to watch them. all of us who have this problem give our hard earned money monthly to comcast and yet we dont receive the full service due to us...that is just not right. the tab s is going to be obsolete by the time you fix.
Official Employee

This should be resolved very shortly, I've been told in the next few weeks

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Repeatedly told they're working on it but it's been over 6 months since this app worked.  How long will they string us along?  Time to send our concerns to the CEO. Earlier this year he issued a statement saying repairing customer relations was his top priorty. I too am tired of  payimg over $200 a month for this mediocre.

New Poster

Re: Galaxy Tab S and xfinity go app

well comcastchad...i appreciate the reply and hope the message you delivered is correct...and if not then i trust that you will show all of the mesages on this forum to your superiors and that they will make the fix happen in the next few weeks so all of us tab s users can enjoy the service we pay for and purchased our tab s to watch. again, thank you for the reply. i trust you will make this happen and provide this forum with weekly updates.

Regular Visitor

I checked for OS updates on my Tab S yesterday and there was an android update. Once I installed it the TV Go application seems to be working properly. At least it starts up now without having to go through the Wifi disconnect/startup/switch to downloads/reconnect Wifi sequence I had to do before. I don't know when the update was posted, but I did a manual check for updates and it was there.
Regular Visitor

Comcast finally fixed my connection on the X1 dvr so that recent recordings have started to show up on Xfinity TV app. I installed the updated Android last night and the Xfinity app stopped working. I did an uninstall and reinstall and things are all now working. 

Regular Visitor

Back to the drawing board. The Android update seemed to fix the issue. But after using the TV Go app a few times, the behavior reverted back to how it was before where it would go away after startup if Wifi is connecte. So I have to: make sure app is closed, disconnect Wifi, start TV Go app, switch to download section, reconnect WiFi. Oh well. Maybe someday they will fix the application. I have started using Amazon Prime application more now since they allow downloads for some of the titles and is much more stable. I will just have to wait until they actually fix the TV Go app for Tab S.

Regular Contributor

Got an update for TV Go app on my phone (Motorola Droid Turbo) yesterday. Said it was to fix a problem with it working on the Galaxy Tab S.

Checked my Tab S and what do you know, IT WORKS!

KUDOS to whoever figured it out!!

Frequent Visitor

Finally! Keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue to work. So far it's Great!
Frequent Visitor

CBS & the CW not available????